Singapore 2010 Formula 1

I had grandstand + walkabout last year, got a total of 0 nice pics because of the tall fence surrounding the ENTIRE track :angry:

My grandstand seats allowed for shots above the fence. ;)

Intend to get the zone 4 walkabout tix. What lenses will be recommended for taking panning shot of the cars at walkabout areas (mayb turn 10, 11, 12 or 13). would a 70-200 be sufficient?

What's the lens focal length restriction for F1 sgp?

here's the view from my seat last year
3957764408_5bc25a202b.jpg

and here's a shoot through the fence from my seat.
3958143232_72e87ec23f.jpg

taken with 5D2 w/ 70-200 2.8 + 2x.

may I ask where were you seated? planning to go to this year's F1 and I have no idea which stand has the good view. TIA!

may I ask where were you seated? planning to go to this year's F1 and I have no idea which stand has the good view. TIA!

I think this is turn 1 or is it turn 2 which have one of the good seats where the cars are coming down the straights towards you at 300km before breaking down to 160km for the turn.

It is the most exciting turn during the start of the race. Maybe be lucky to see some crashes.

yes, im at turn 2 grand stand. another shot.
3962709762_b324e812f8_o.jpg

I think this is turn 1 or is it turn 2 which have one of the good seats where the cars are coming down the straights towards you at 300km before breaking down to 160km for the turn.

It is the most exciting turn during the start of the race. Maybe be lucky to see some crashes.

yes, im at turn 2 grand stand.

wow nice view, but not so nice on the pocket :cry:

wondering is there single day walkabout ticket on sale this year :dunno:

wondering is there single day walkabout ticket on sale this year :dunno:

Yes there will be. It will be released for sale after they have confirmed the schedule for the performances (mayb another F1 rocks performance)

Yes there will be. It will be released for sale after they have confirmed the schedule for the performances (mayb another F1 rocks performance)

that's great, hopefully e single day premier walkabout ticket is not so ex...

here's the view from my seat last year
3957764408_5bc25a202b.jpg

and here's a shoot through the fence from my seat.
3958143232_72e87ec23f.jpg

taken with 5D2 w/ 70-200 2.8 + 2x.

Wow, I saw this section and wished I had those seats.
I was seated at the start/finish line, not good :(

Your pic turned out well, although you can easily shoot over the fence from those seats, unlike where I was seated :thumbsup:

The atmosphere was great, although it got rather repetitive and silent near the end, there were a couple of people that actually fell asleep near me! :bsmilie:

i have a pair of Pit Grandstand tickets to sell.Its for 24th September 2010. Interested please pm me.

I have the following for sale.

1 PAIR of Friday 24th Premium Walkabout for Sale
1 x Saturday 25th Premium Walkabout for Sale
1 x Sunday 26th Premium Walkabout for Sale.

Premium Walkabout covers all Zone 1 - 4.

Interested Party, pls PM me.

How come this thread become F1 ticket marketplace..:dunno:

Hi,

Anyone have an idea about the focal length restriction for this year? I understand that last year it was restricted to 300mm but looking at this year's FAQ.PDF it says the racing organizer can restrict whatever camera you can bring in.

Hi,

Anyone have an idea about the focal length restriction for this year? I understand that last year it was restricted to 300mm but looking at this year's FAQ.PDF it says the racing organizer can restrict whatever camera you can bring in.

yeah i remember seeing some figures for focal length restrictions in the past years.
but for this year, i take alook at the FAQs and it was not stated at all.

maybe you wanna check with the respective divisions on this to be certain?

yeah i remember seeing some figures for focal length restrictions in the past years.
but for this year, i take alook at the FAQs and it was not stated at all.

maybe you wanna check with the respective divisions on this to be certain?

respective divisions?