Silkypix software

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuttingedge

Apr 26, 2007
Singapore
anuedu.facebook.com
Hi all,

Hope this is the appropriate forum to pose this question.

I just ordered the Silkypix Developer software off Shortcut Software's website. Since they have the trial version for download online, should I be expecting a boxed software kit or should I be downloading the trial version off their website and unlocking it with the code I've got?

Sorry for this silly question, advice from Silkypix users appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

for me is just download and unlock.

Yeah they just send the registration code, so just download it then put in your code.

Have you used SILKYPIX yet? What do you think of it? I bought it a couple months ago because I heard good things but havent really had the time to play with it yet.

Good luck, Hope this helps

Thanks guys,

Just wasn't sure whether I should just unlock my trial version or wait for the boxed cd.

Was impressed with the Silkypix software so much after using the trial for a week that I decided to go for it! Sure beats the kit software in my opinion!

Did you order the boxed software in the first place?
There is no difference whether you install the downloaded software or the boxed software.
If they have sent you the registration code, then just use it to unlock the downloaded version. The boxed cd for you to keep as a backup in case you lost the original software file which is really redundant since you could always download the latest version from their web-site. Another way you can look at this is would you prefer to install from the cd or download and install the latest version if one year and a few versions down the road, you needed to reinstall SilkyPix on your PC? :dunno:
Anyway, if you want to wait for the boxed cd to arrive, you would just be wasting the time between now and the arrival of the box. ;)

Silky Pix is given free of charge if you buy a new Lumix FZ50.
I think for the FZ18 too.
Bundled software with the camera.

What's the price? Hope you did not pay a lot for the software.
Because for $650+ you can get the FZ18 and the software.

Silky Pix is given free of charge if you buy a new Lumix FZ50.
I think for the FZ18 too.
Bundled software with the camera.

What's the price? Hope you did not pay a lot for the software.
Because for $650+ you can get the FZ18 and the software.
The version that's bundled with the FZ18 (or other Lumix digital cameras with RAW capability) will only work with that camera (or those of the Lumix range). It will not work with any other brand of digital cameras or DSLRs like the Olympus E-510 which the threadstarter owns.

I got it with LX-2.

SUX... BIG TIME. :sticktong

I dunno what's wrong with the programmer. The RAW for LX-2 is 20 mb per file :confused: my D2X is only 12 MB.

It takes at least 20 seconds to render every single setting :angry: and mind you that's on a Core 2 Duo E6400 with 3 GB ram. And the learning curve is no less than a week to get things working. I think you need to go for a degree in Silkypix just touse it.

I gave up on Panasonic RAW liao. :thumbsd:

Status
Not open for further replies.