Silky Smooth Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoobWithStuff

Jul 16, 2008
Some of my favourites from Singapore:
20070715013159_img_8906.jpg

Hi guys, can anyone guide me on how i can snap smooth silky sea like the above pic? I've seen the modes somewhere but cant seems to locate it.

Noob with much help needed here.

this can be done by using a slow shutter speed, it can range from a few seconds to a few minutes depending on your settings and available light.

this can be done by using a slow shutter speed, it can range from a few seconds to a few minutes depending on your settings and available light.

Thanks for your reply miaoteh, but do i need a tripod in order to get a shot like this?

that isn't really silky smooth yet.

but yes, it has to do with shutter speed.as for how long to smooth out, it depends on the water condition and wave condition.

to extend shutter speed, you need ND filter. hope this helps.

that isn't really silky smooth yet.

but yes, it has to do with shutter speed.as for how long to smooth out, it depends on the water condition and wave condition.

to extend shutter speed, you need ND filter. hope this helps.

yes, you do

unless you want your shot to come out super shaky and abstract

Thanks alot for the useful info night86mare :D

cool effect, thanks for the info!

Also, remember that the shot you used as an example is the "smoke water" effect combined with HDR processing.

Also, remember that the shot you used as an example is the "smoke water" effect combined with HDR processing.

Im sorry if this has been as a million times but, is there a guide on HDR processing which doesnt darken the landscape and make the sky more vivid like the one i posted in #1?

Below is an image of my HDR processing, i'm really new to all this so please pardon me.

3761499664_a9e0c02db0.jpg

Im sorry if this has been as a million times but, is there a guide on HDR processing which doesnt darken the landscape and make the sky more vivid like the one i posted in #1?

Below is an image of my HDR processing, i'm really new to all this so please pardon me.

That's not HDR at all... Just google "how to HDR" to get tutorials. But remember, you need to have a good set of pictures of varying exposures to begin with. If in all your photos the ground is dark, then the HDR won't do anything.

That's not HDR at all... Just google "how to HDR" to get tutorials. But remember, you need to have a good set of pictures of varying exposures to begin with. If in all your photos the ground is dark, then the HDR won't do anything.

Hi Rashkae, thanks for your info. I've followed the link billycadiz provided and have came up with the following;

3761614172_067f70f67e.jpg

Does the above image count as a HDR processed image?

actually, i think you might consider going easier on the processing than what soulfly does.

anyways, to each his own.

Hi Rashkae, thanks for your info. I've followed the link billycadiz provided and have came up with the following;

3761614172_067f70f67e.jpg

Does the above image count as a HDR processed image?

It's much better, but I think your input images are not good enough.

actually, i think you might consider going easier on the processing than what soulfly does.

anyways, to each his own.

It's much better, but I think your input images are not good enough.

I'll keep everything in mind.

Thank you for both for your guidance night86mare and Rashkae.

Status
Not open for further replies.