Silent Sentinels

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedblade

Sep 28, 2003
Bukit Panjang
522545610_3f44d5708c.jpg

nice work. USR: Upper Seletar Reservoir. :)

you know, i was kinda wondering what USR stood for ... !?!

darn. :)

or maybe USR is Utility, Safety and Rescue. My guess is as good as yours I suppose ... -)

something to the pic: maybe a little perspective correction to verticalise the upright bars will make the pic look more precise.

or maybe USR is Utility, Safety and Rescue. My guess is as good as yours I suppose ... -)

something to the pic: maybe a little perspective correction to verticalise the upright bars will make the pic look more precise.

Thanks espion. :)

Very saturated orange... nice.
Suddenly I feel like drinking a nice iced glass of orange cordial.

hey bro,

very nice fcous on the USR with the b/w surroundings.
how do u make the surroundings kind of b/w while the orange remains good in colour usuing photshop? which options do u go to ?

hope u cld guide me on this !

hey bro,

very nice fcous on the USR with the b/w surroundings.
how do u make the surroundings kind of b/w while the orange remains good in colour usuing photshop? which options do u go to ?

hope u cld guide me on this !

For me there is three ways to go about doing it at least how I do it.

1. To select the areas you want it to be coloured, using lasso tool either magnetic or whatever you might be using, select the areas. Next, create a layer for it and then desaturate the background layer using hues/saturation option.

2. Also using hues/saturation, go to the individual colours and desaturate what you don't want in colour. In such a case I suppose the buoy is quite prominently the only orange amongst the greens. Desaturate all other colours except red/yellow as they make up the orange colour.

3. Quite similar to 2) u desaturate everything on and then using masking, you mask out the the subjects you want them to be in colour in this case the buoys.

2 and 3 is more recommended as they allow more space for redo and undo, also, always do your editing on a duplicate layers minimum so that your main image is not affected directly. =D

My simple knowledge on photoshop, hope that helps

hey bro i tried jus using the hues and satur options and i notice that for most pics it works well.
thank you so much !!!

but some others the other distracting objects in the backgrd also the same colour as the focus i want... so either they get prominent together or not together... how can i solve this prob? must i crop the image or what? im not too sure about what masking is...

yep ;-p

hey bro i tried jus using the hues and satur options and i notice that for most pics it works well.
thank you so much !!!

but some others the other distracting objects in the backgrd also the same colour as the focus i want... so either they get prominent together or not together... how can i solve this prob? must i crop the image or what? im not too sure about what masking is...

yep ;-p

Cropping is an option, however if they are suppose to be your background, you shouldn't crop them away right? Try selecting them using lasso tools and blur them accordingly to your preference under the options filter>blur>gaussian blur. Don't blur until everything can't see, then you have no picture already haha. If you wan to create depth of field, you go super tedious lor..hmm select whatever is nearer blur lesser and blur more for those further away :bsmilie: :bsmilie: v mafan i nv do before though =x

Masking is about retaining the orginality of a selected area of the original picture while allowing the remaining of the picture to undergo your post processing. Go under your layer options and find the mask tool. BASICALLY, black is to mask whatever you don't want to be processed, white is to allow you all editing to fall through. That is the basic idea, try around with the paintbrush and you will know how masking its like. Make sure you click on the mask rectangle when applying mask. Click back to the original picture rectangle to continue your other pp. =D

thankz alot bro for sharing your knowledge.

ill try that next time ;->

If you wan to create depth of field, you go super tedious lor..hmm select whatever is nearer blur lesser and blur more for those further away :bsmilie: :bsmilie: v mafan ...
Not too mafan .. u blur then mask with a circular gradient and brush in refinement.

Status
Not open for further replies.