Signs of Hope 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccplim

Jan 6, 2004
BN
www.avianwatchasia.org
Hope SK don't mind me copying your title :p

I was shooting at one of the usual spot when I came across this scene. Was so delighted that I nearly forgotten to shoot.

Sharing a few records shots here and hope that we get to see more of these kind of scene in the future.

Lighting was pretty tricky at that time and I didn't have much time to play around with the exposure before they swim away.

Comments are greatly appreciated.

Pic #1
22012005-009.jpg

Pic #2
22012005-010.jpg

Pic #3
22012005-008.jpg

Are these the ducks at marina south? The ducklings look so cute!

bonfire said:
Are these the ducks at marina south? The ducklings look so cute!

You are right bro :thumbsup: It's pretty hard to get a good shot as they keep swimming non stop and they look so small through the viewfinder. Furthermore, my shuttle speed was something like 1/30 (ISO 400) at that point of time and I am trying very hard to reduce any movement shake :sweat:

Shoot with the sigma 50-500 handheld at 1/30? :thumbsup:

bonfire said:
Shoot with the sigma 50-500 handheld at 1/30? :thumbsup:

Wah piang bro!!! Tripod mount lah.

The problem is they don't stay still and you got to pan and follow their movement.

Did you find the hawk cuckoo posted by a cs fellow in an earlier post?

bonfire said:
Did you find the hawk cuckoo posted by a cs fellow in an earlier post?

Nope! Didn't see him around this time round.

Btw, I was wondering is that really a hawk cuckoo? Or is that an indian cuckoo?

Good catch bro :thumbsup: Since when did these ducklings appear?

ccplim said:
Nope! Didn't see him around this time round.

Btw, I was wondering is that really a hawk cuckoo? Or is that an indian cuckoo?

On second look, you maybe right. It looks more like a juvenile indian cuckoo judging from the rather short tail and the blotches on the head

I only saw the Cuckoo near the carpark of long beach. They goes in a group 3 to 5 together.

bonfire said:
On second look, you maybe right. It looks more like a juvenile indian cuckoo judging from the rather short tail and the blotches on the head

LOve your pics there bro.

are the ducks always there all year round ???

exactly where are they located in Marina South ???

want to try taking pics of them too la.

thanks

Good catch there bro! :thumbsup: Good to see that the ducks are thriving, with this new brood. These little ones are so cute. :lovegrin:

Nice catch there. The ducklings looked very cute. :)

bonfire said:

The Hawk cuckoo in my guide book did not show a very clear picture so I can't really confirm. You might want to take a look at this post by bro newguy some time back and see if you can ID it. It's that same one that I saw.

mervin said:
LOve your pics there bro.

are the ducks always there all year round ???

exactly where are they located in Marina South ???

want to try taking pics of them too la.

thanks

Thanks bro!

I believed the ducks are PRs of marina south. They can be found near to the bridge. You can get pretty close to them so don't worry that you lens do not have enough reach. :)

Good luck and hope to see some pics from you soon.

Nice catch bro. A bit soft for the Sigma to be wide open.

Status
Not open for further replies.