Sigma APO Macro Super II 70-300mm F4-5.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

frenchbean

Jan 12, 2005
Singapore, Bedok
Anyone using this lens now? Cheap and good? Thinking of getting this over the Nikkor 70-300G or ED lens, any comments?

Btw, what's the current price for the lens?

Thanks in advance... :)

frenchbean said:
Anyone using this lens now? Cheap and good? Thinking of getting this over the Nikkor 70-300G or ED lens, any comments?

Test out the lens yrself.

frenchbean said:

Not the best of the lots, but value for money ... ;)

frenchbean said:
hmm... if i have access to one i wouldn't need to ask liao lar.... ;p
Do testing from shops la...
so simple, ask: i will like to try out this range of lens for this few brands be4 i decide which 1 to buy?
Can or not?

i am thinking to buy the 70-300 too..but dont know which one to buy..the tamron or sigma...or tokina (if they do produce such a lens)

Ya me too. Wanna know which one is better. Anyone can enlighten us and help compare the different brands of 70 to 300mm? Thanx

Well... I had a sample pic taken with this lens.

40357226.Sunset01.jpg

Personally I felt that this is a value for money good lens. It's a bit noisy on it's AF, but still a fine lens to own. Hope this would help ya on your evaluation. ;)

jUzMoO said:
Well... I had a sample pic taken with this lens.

40357226.Sunset01.jpg

Personally I felt that this is a value for money good lens. It's a bit noisy on it's AF, but still a fine lens to own. Hope this would help ya on your evaluation. ;)

Nice picture. Seems like I'm almost set on this lens already. :D

One question concerning the filters for this lens... i'm intending to get a 58 to 67 step up ring so that i can use the same filters for my kit lens, would there be vignetting? i'm thinking that it will not cuz it's a telephoto lens after all... am i right on this? anyone has any experience?

heyo~ here's my contribution... Tamron 70-300. It's got macro fuctions as well and its one hell of a glass IMHO :) very cheap too. This lens produces warmer colored pictures as compared to nikkor lenses.

t70300.jpg

I've got 1 sample which I think still bearly presentable.

Taken at 240mm F16 Macro mode. Downsized, not cropped.

DSC_1328-PSedLarge.jpg

ParkertR said:
heyo~ here's my contribution... Tamron 70-300. It's got macro fuctions as well and its one hell of a glass IMHO :) very cheap too. This lens produces warmer colored pictures as compared to nikkor lenses.

t70300.jpg

wah... all the pictures look so nice... which one to choose from leh? I'm somehow still a bit biased towards sigma not cuz of anything but the build.... tamron one looks a bit plastic leh... ;p

and yea, your pic looks really warm... is that the sun? or is it just the lens?

hmm.. any comments on how they perform indoors/lowlight situations ?

Do anybody know how much is the Tamron 70-300mm LD?Is it cheaper or more expensive than the sigma 70-300 APO macro II?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.