Sigma APO MACRO 150mm F2.8 EX DG HSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunghk

Nov 12, 2004
Upp Bukit Timah
Was wondering has anyone used this lens with their 4/3 cam before? Any comment about this lens in terms of performance? Best is of course with picture to show?

Thanks in advance...

Tried this lens with my E-1 a few weeks back. I did not like it. The focusing feels funny. The lens outer finish feels funny. The overall build was nothing close to the ZD. And it is quite a pricey piece of glass. So I returned it.

I see. Thanks for sharing...

Saw some reviews and photos by Canon and Nikon users but somehow there are very few review by 4/3 users out there. BTW, what do you mean by funny? Is the focusing similiar to the ZDs (ie non direct)? You taken any sample photos with the lens?

I think Sigma lenses will behave differently from ZD lenses. Like tunghk I am really curious about the IQ made with this lens esp on Four Thirds.

While I bitch about the build quality, the IQ is reasonably good for the lens of this price. Just that, I would rather put my money aside and save for the 14-50 Leica "kit lens" for the L1 when it is finally released, without the body! But I am thinking about the L1 package. Just to have a backup unit.

Tried this lens with my E-1 a few weeks back. I did not like it. The focusing feels funny. The lens outer finish feels funny. The overall build was nothing close to the ZD. And it is quite a pricey piece of glass. So I returned it.
Where is this lens selling? I want one. :)

Where is this lens selling? I want one. :)

I tested the lens at a camera shop street in Taipei (Bo Ai Road)... not in Singapore.

Status
Not open for further replies.