Sigma 70-300mm APO DG MACRO (how to improve)

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% crop? If you mean straight from the camera, yes.

Sharpness, contrast, saturation and brightness are set to 0, if I remember correctly.

Sharpness, contrast, saturation and brightness are set to 0, if I remember correctly.

He means:

1. Zooming 100% into the picture
2. Crop a portion

And post it in this thread.

I'll maybe post a crop of the squirrel's eye later. Kinda feeling lazy to dig out my DVD archives.

yes like Hoky have said... its pretty pointless to post a full resize pic here, even a cheapo kit lens can achieve reasonable sharpness at the small size.

Oh. Understand. That's true. I just took the picture I have and posted it up. Haha.

441462236_25a1a6fa08.jpg

Question;

No matter what I read, I still couldn't understand the meaning of 1:1 ratio for Macro lens.

It says that a 1cm image will create exactly a 1cm image on your sensor. Seems easy to understand, but I can still fill up the whole frame with a focal range of 300m.

i.e zoom in all the way and let a butterfly fill the whole frame and still achieve a focus. Isn't it the same as using a macro lens to fill up the frame?

Anyone can explain?

Thanks in advance

Question;

No matter what I read, I still couldn't understand the meaning of 1:1 ratio for Macro lens.

It says that a 1cm image will create exactly a 1cm image on your sensor. Seems easy to understand, but I can still fill up the whole frame with a focal range of 300m.

i.e zoom in all the way and let a butterfly fill the whole frame and still achieve a focus. Isn't it the same as using a macro lens to fill up the frame?

Anyone can explain?

Thanks in advance
but can a 23mm object(real life) fill up the whole frame using this lens? if not you ain't achieve 1:1 and also the sharpness is way different when compared to a true 1:1 macro lens

Agree.

I have this lens and another one is Nikkor 60mm Micro.

I prefer Sigma to shoot butterfly, dragonfly as I can shoot them from about 70cm distance.

Regards,
Arto.
minimum focus distance is 95cm.. i have this lens as well.

this lens is superb :thumbsup: for newbies like me
from this pic
DSC_2325_resize.jpg

100% crop gets
DSC_2325_100crop.jpg

this lens is superb :thumbsup: for newbies like me
from this pic
DSC_2325_resize.jpg

100% crop gets
DSC_2325_100crop.jpg

Hi bro, you use a tripod for this shot? I old man leh...... hands not as steady as compared to a young man..... :bsmilie:

i shot this moth on my room's wall with my D70s & 70-300mm.
Shutter speed: 1/8s
Aperture: f/32

Decent telephoto for its price, but it's quite soft at f/5.6. Usually i try to shoot above f/8.
YMMV

wonder why my picture looks a bit soft. wonder if its due to something wrong with camera which is down for servicing.

Status
Not open for further replies.