Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelmetBox

Sep 9, 2003
Hi, need to check with the people who own this lens.

Does your lens look a little dim (thus appear to be a little yellow) when you look through your viewfinder at a normal florescent tube lamp? With or without a UV filter.

Thanks

HelmetBox said:
Hi, need to check with the people who own this lens.

Does your lens look a little dim (thus appear to be a little yellow) when you look through your viewfinder at a normal florescent tube lamp? With or without a UV filter.

Thanks

I used to own this lense. But nikon mount version ;)

I guess how dim it is will differ from camera models from the same manufacturer.

IMO, the pictures produced when taking pics with this lense, with my previous cam (d100) at different white balance settings and presets, it produces warm, contrasty pics. More to the yellow cast :)

And I do not use UV filters.

HOW WHEN KOPI! call me ley dude 91457047

tsystem said:

I guess how dim it is will differ from camera models from the same manufacturer.

IMO, the pictures produced when taking pics with this lense, with my previous cam (d100) at different white balance settings and presets, it produces warm, contrasty pics. More to the yellow cast :)

Basket, cannot afford kopi now, broke till I'm slogging to pay my equipment off....... And the stress from school's not making things easy! ha.

Will contact you, not for kopi but to smack your ass for not keeping in contact ;)

tsystem said:

I've heard about the warm tone, so probably I'm just paranoid. Any other users out there care to comment on the 'yellow' appearence?

HelmetBox said:
I've heard about the warm tone, so probably I'm just paranoid. Any other users out there care to comment on the 'yellow' appearence?
I havent tried using this lens before but I have seen some reviews from the net before and most of them were saying that sigma lenses are normally warmer than L lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.