Sigma 30mm or 17-50 tamron for wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

absolutv

Apr 15, 2007
Hi all, as per subject I have both of this lenses but am unsure which of this 2 will be a better one during a wedding dinner shoot. I know 17-50 will be good due to the zoom, but then again the focus won't be as fast as Sigma 30mm. Any kind souls could give suggestions?

simple..bring both since you have both of them.... :bsmilie:
one allows you to be more creative.. one is more flexible.. just switch over when the situation arises :bsmilie:

Usually a wedding is rather staid, not much activity that requires super fast focusing. My Tamron 17-50mm has not missed a shot due to any slow focusing. It helps a lot to have external flash, the red AF assist beam improves the AF accuracy tremendously.

Are you the Prime PhotoG? Or just tag along? I suppose you are the later since you asked such question. Anyway, I won't advise you to trade your AF speed with flexibility.

But I'll definitely bring both, with 17-50 mounted maybe 80% of the time to capture the environment and major shots... with 30mm to get some creative compositions when there are no big events going on.

Since both lenses are not very heavy, bring both, attach the 17-50 primarily, then prepare to change to the Sigma when necessary.

thanks for all the suggestion guys. Will mount the 17-50 as the primary lens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.