Sigma 30mm f/1.4 User Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
love the lens. Got it couple of months ago after looking at it for 6+ mths deliberating. Bought in HK for a steal.

i'm poisoned!! Hope to get my hands on the lens soon.

I reckon alot of people use this lens with a zoom lens such as tamron 17-50?

sorry all.. but got a very noob question to ask.

What's the different between 50mm and 30mm ?

some pictures to share. All taken with Pentax K-x at F1.4

chain of a swing
4759717139_23474d6d2c_z.jpg

4759716227_e0c583c4f2_z.jpg

my fav model
4759715191_474dae75ae_z.jpg

anyone know how many days sigma service centre needs to fix the focusing issue?

Hi,

Need some from the bros who owns a copy of calibrated Sigma 30mm f1.4?

Don't mind do a simple test. The test actually helps to determind if your lens has front / back focus. So it will be good for you to understand your lens too.

1) Download http://focustestchart.com/focus21.pdf
2) Print out page 18/19
3) Use your copy of calibrated Sigma 30mm at (Av mode, AF, f1.4), focus at the line with the word "Focus here".

I had take a copy using my Canon 50mm f1.8 II. The result is quite good as following.

canon550d006by50mm.jpg

Had tried 2 copies of Sigma 30mm f1.4, the result is as following:

canon550d007.jpg

canon550d021.jpg

Both show a bit of front focus.

Bro using calibrated Sigma 30mm f1.4 can advice if you have such problem? If can, post the photo taken.

Dear friends!

I'm looking to buy a local set, and i got pretty confused over the warranty issue!

My question is, for local sets, how many warranty cards are there? and what are the required documents you need to have your equipment serviced/repaired by sigma singapore.

What confused me was that when I called sigma and asked them this question, they said, 02 x warranty card, 01 x purchase reciept.. and when i asked some friends, they only had 01 x warranty card..

Does this apply to HK sets too?

I've read the entire thread, couldn't find anything related!

Any experience people willing to share?

Big Thanks!

A local set the Sigma agent put in another warranty card of their own. Their company call ADP or something. Total two & a half yr of local warranty if it's a local set.

hi is there a diif in the IQ btw the 30mm and 50mm 1.4?

A local set the Sigma agent put in another warranty card of their own. Their company call ADP or something. Total two & a half yr of local warranty if it's a local set.

Noted! thanks!

after viewing thru the pages of tis thread.. i'm finally going to hoot tis len on sunday! cant wait:lovegrin:

Hi all,

I wanted send my glasses for calibration but was told by Sigma Singapore that the technican is not around on my requested date and the earliest possible appointment date was next Wed, and all other slot is fully book. I had to send in in the morning too as they do not accept in the afternoon.

From this recent call, it seems like they do not entertain walkin and insist that I make an appointment. However from the previous call I made, I was told by the same lady that if I do not make appointment, then there will be longer waiting time? Confused.

Anyone tried ad hoc walkin without appointment? I will feel cheated to make appointment, and need to clear a half day leave and yet they actually entertain walkin..

Anyone can comment?

Hi all,

I wanted send my glasses for calibration but was told by Sigma Singapore that the technican is not around on my requested date and the earliest possible appointment date was next Wed, and all other slot is fully book. I had to send in in the morning too as they do not accept in the afternoon.

From this recent call, it seems like they do not entertain walkin and insist that I make an appointment. However from the previous call I made, I was told by the same lady that if I do not make appointment, then there will be longer waiting time? Confused.

Anyone tried ad hoc walkin without appointment? I will feel cheated to make appointment, and need to clear a half day leave and yet they actually entertain walkin..

Anyone can comment?

They only have morning session and you have to call them to make an appointment. If you cannot come on you appointment date, u can actually drop your cam+lens at their office in the afternoon before 6pm the day before your appointment.

Example:
- you called them up to make an appointment for next week (30July), however u cannot go in the morning because you are working...
- you can tell them that u will come on the 29July afternoon around 5pm to drop the cam+lens
- then next day 30July u go collect around 5pm lor.

*Hopefully your work ends at 5pm or before 5pm..* haha

:) Hope this helps

They only have morning session and you have to call them to make an appointment. If you cannot come on you appointment date, u can actually drop your cam+lens at their office in the afternoon before 6pm the day before your appointment.

Example:
- you called them up to make an appointment for next week (30July), however u cannot go in the morning because you are working...
- you can tell them that u will come on the 29July afternoon around 5pm to drop the cam+lens
- then next day 30July u go collect around 5pm lor.

*Hopefully your work ends at 5pm or before 5pm..* haha

:) Hope this helps

Thanks, thanks. See how. I try make appt..

hi all.. just got my 30mm f/1.4 ytd.. did some test shots in the shop and pictures looks ok.. but when i went outdoor to shoot.. i need to purposely step down 1 stop as the pictures came out overexposed.. any bro experience tis problem with their lens? can the sigma service centre do anything abt it?

i'm loving this lens... Just bought mine yesterday. I tried different copies from Funan shops (SLR, AP, TK and John), unfortunately, all shows a little front focus issue (i used the focus chart to test). But nevertheles, I bought one and will just bring it to Sigma for calibration:thumbsup:

how much is 30/1.4?

cheapest i got was 715 from SLR REvo

Status
Not open for further replies.