Sigma 30mm f/1.4 User Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just sent in my lense for calibration. The lady clarified the matter with me. She said that if you buy from authorise dealer the calibration will be done free, if not $80. The same applies to both local and overseas purchase. She said a lot of guys have been buying from Tin Cheung camera, it is not an authorised agent. Showed me many other receipts all from Tin Cheung, some buy 10 of the same lense. So they have to charge. I guess when people try to make money of out buying cheaper in Hkg and reselling here, they have no choice but to charge cos they end up with some many more lenses to calibrate. Too bad...

Just got hold of this lens. I bought from Tin Cheung, good copy coz I rejected quite a number after inspecting and testing.

I just sent in my lense for calibration. The lady clarified the matter with me. She said that if you buy from authorise dealer the calibration will be done free, if not $80. The same applies to both local and overseas purchase. She said a lot of guys have been buying from Tin Cheung camera, it is not an authorised agent. Showed me many other receipts all from Tin Cheung, some buy 10 of the same lense. So they have to charge. I guess when people try to make money of out buying cheaper in Hkg and reselling here, they have no choice but to charge cos they end up with some many more lenses to calibrate. Too bad...
which is the authorise agent in hk?

Do you have stats to show that "almost every new owner of the 30mm has to send the lens in for recalibration"?

Or is it based on the people posting in this thread which might amount to 2% of all new owners of this lens in the world.

Think about it.

Do you have stats to show that "almost every new owner of the 30mm has to send the lens in for recalibration"?

Or is it based on the people posting in this thread which might amount to 2% of all new owners of this lens in the world.

Think about it.

I would say that lots of us do not know how to 'define' sharpness. So owner would just send the lens for calibration. It is to make them feel that the lens is now 'spot-on' and the result is (and should be) consider sharp.

I would say that lots of us do not know how to 'define' sharpness. So owner would just send the lens for calibration. It is to make them feel that the lens is now 'spot-on' and the result is (and should be) consider sharp.

Agree :D

Mine is a perfect copy for me.

Most people don't post when the stuff works. What you read online is typically only from those with issues with the stuff.

anybody want to share the shipping cost order from hf tin cheung??? i nvr buy anything from them before hope somebody can help to bring in this gems

I'm planning to get the lens from Tin Cheung in HK...but it seems that almost every new owner of the 30mm has to send the lens in for recalibration...is the Sigma QC really that bad?

hey bro u going hk or order online? can i join u?? wanna get a piece of this as well

I'm planning to get the lens from Tin Cheung in HK...but it seems that almost every new owner of the 30mm has to send the lens in for recalibration...is the Sigma QC really that bad?

Depend on batches and on cameras.

I got my good copy from Tin Cheung after rejecting a few glass.

Bring your camera to test. I didn't bring mine, but after selecting a good one, he put the lens on a camera and let me test shots. If the lens still not ok, you still can reject it.
Tested the lens for 1/2 hour till satisfied. Go in the morning where there is less people.

did any one purchase this lens in hsm version for canon mount? any idea whats the price now since the price list wasnt updates since june last yr..

I agree with your points but you have missed mine. When something along the lines of eg "most owners of brand X lens will do x" is written, it must be substantiated, must be fact.

If such a statement is made based on eg 200 users of brand x lens in a forum, then assuming "most" means 150 such users, it will only be a small percent of "ALL" users of brand x lens in the world, maybe, 2%. So its like saying, 2% of owners fo brand x lens will do x, which is not a lot, right?

Such statements are very misleading for potential buyers of the product(s) concerned.

i got mine online from TC couple months ago.
canon mount, no problem with the focus.

hehehe.. finally become a owner of sigma 30mm... bought from bns section with 600 price tag. very good~ ~. seem like alot ppl suffer from peeling problem with the lens, so we dun hav any solution for that? will gaffer tape help?

Hi all, Im pretty new here and wanting to send my regards to all. Early chinese new year to all. I just purchased the Sigma 30mm after reading many good reviews of it. Got it off from tin cheung. I must say, they are very efficient and fast. I chose the lower cost shipping option and i got it within 2 days.

The bokeh is awesome. But im not sure if there is any focusing issues and i ran the focus test. The focus point seems soft. Does it apply to all at F1.4 due to the wide ap? Do correct me if im wrong in anyway.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.