sigma 20mm 1.8 or nikon 20 2.8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomaschan

Dec 30, 2002
Visit site
looking to get my next prime...

sigma 20mm 1.8 or nikon 20 2.8?

Both ~ same price, both got good reviews, but the sigma is that much brighter, and the nikon well.. its a nikon..

so how? which one?

right now im thinking the sigma....

coz that extra 2 stops definitely essential for indoor shots, i feel.
anyone care to advise/

its only one-and-a-third stop difference.

in reality , for the sigma lens, if u are scared of the "wide-open will be slightly soft" effect then u may end up using it @ f2 most of the time..=> which will make it just a one stop difference (f2 vs f2.8) :cool:

also the nikkor got more resale value (in terms of price and opportunity for a potential buyer to really want it) if when one day u want to sell it

Go for nikon, I have been using it for all this years. Other brand I have no confidence after sales services especially for fungus. Resale value is there. Sharpness wise it is prime lens.

Hiya,

It's a toughie but here's my input. I got a second hand nikon 20 2.8 and used it some, mainly on slide film. I am pretty satisfied with its performance but it can be slightly out of focus, but I pin it down on its previous owner's fault. Overall, a worthy lens to get for very nice wide angle views and pretty darn good close-ups. And yes, the resale value is higher.

Hope that helps.
Nik-enduser

Status
Not open for further replies.