Sigma 150-500 for 1000D

Status
Not open for further replies.

darshan4eos

Jan 7, 2009
Singapore
Hi All

I am thinking of buying Sigma 150-500 APO OS HSM lens. Can the owners of this lens share their experience with this lens. Also what is the price of this lens ( I could not find it in the lens Price Guide).
Also can I buy it from Tin Cheung (HK) online? what are the implications involved in it.

Thanks for your help.

DJ

Hi All

I am thinking of buying Sigma 150-500 APO OS HSM lens. Can the owners of this lens share their experience with this lens. Also what is the price of this lens ( I could not find it in the lens Price Guide).
Also can I buy it from Tin Cheung (HK) online? what are the implications involved in it.

Thanks for your help.

DJ
You can call up OP and ask for the price. There should be 1 copy of it at there. ;)

I have personally bought a few lenses from Tin Cheung (HK) online and so far no problem. But make sure you tell them you want a spesified invoice or they might not give you one, you'll need it for the 1 year international warranty to be valid. They will ship their lenses by FedEx express so usually they arrive at your doorstep the next day.

The last lenses I bought from them was a Sigma APO 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM, a Sigma APO 50-150mm F2.8 II EX DC HSM and a Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM. They are all excellent lenses for the price. I did consider the Sigma 150-500 APO OS HSM but chose the Sigma APO 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM in the end because it's more compact and weigh a bit less.

The Sigma APO 50-150mm F2.8 II EX DC HSM and the Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM were both not fucusing correctly (when using AF) when I received them so I had to bring them down to the Sigma service center to have them calibrated. That took about 3 hours and when I picked them up the technician went through the test shots before and after with me and explained how the calibration process were done. Excellent service! And I told them the lenses were bough on-line from Hong Kong, they didn't even ask to see a receipt or a warranty certificate. After calibration both lenses focus perfectly!

So I have no problem recommending buying Sigma lenses from Tin Cheung (HK) online.

But do take note that FedEx will collect the Singapore GST so you can't escape that.

I have personally bought a few lenses from Tin Cheung (HK) online and so far no problem. But make sure you tell them you want a spesified invoice or they might not give you one, you'll need it for the 1 year international warranty to be valid. They will ship their lenses by FedEx express so usually they arrive at your doorstep the next day.

The last lenses I bought from them was a Sigma APO 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM, a Sigma APO 50-150mm F2.8 II EX DC HSM and a Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM. They are all excellent lenses for the price. I did consider the Sigma 150-500 APO OS HSM but chose the Sigma APO 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM in the end because it's more compact and weigh a bit less.

The Sigma APO 50-150mm F2.8 II EX DC HSM and the Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM were both not fucusing correctly (when using AF) when I received them so I had to bring them down to the Sigma service center to have them calibrated. That took about 3 hours and when I picked them up the technician went through the test shots before and after with me and explained how the calibration process were done. Excellent service! And I told them the lenses were bough on-line from Hong Kong, they didn't even ask to see a receipt or a warranty certificate. After calibration both lenses focus perfectly!

So I have no problem recommending buying Sigma lenses from Tin Cheung (HK) online.

But do take note that FedEx will collect the Singapore GST so you can't escape that.

Thanks mate !! :)
today i asked 150-500's price at Song Bros, that guy quoted $2000.. anyway, i can't rely him because he was quoting 960 for canon 100mm macro, which was available in 750 in the shop next door (Alan Photo):bigeyes:

Thanks mate !! :)
today i asked 150-500's price at Song Bros, that guy quoted $2000.. anyway, i can't rely him because he was quoting 960 for canon 100mm macro, which was available in 750 in the shop next door (Alan Photo):bigeyes:

Song Brothers are far from being reliable or reputable. Just singsong there. Checked a few times but the guys always came with fishy nonsense. Alan Photo also is not undisputed. Some have good experience, others report bad encounters. Check the list of reputable shops, Orient Photo (Sim Lim, 6th floor) is among them.

Thanks for your replies guys... dropped the idea of this super zoom from sigma..got one macro instead...thread closed..

Status
Not open for further replies.