Sigma 120-300mm HSM on Nikon Body

Status
Not open for further replies.
EH? The Sigma 70-200 didn't use to come with that collar. It only changed recently, apparently.

Hmm.. if the new collar makes any difference in grip, I'd get one from SIGMA Marketing...

:think:

The old collar on the 70-200 was too near the zoom ring, and hindered zoom ring operation to a certain extent. I think the new one looks huge, but my guess is the new implementation is to correct the above-mentioned problem.

Just be happy :) Me hole burnt but.. hey, life's too short and money is always not enough.. :) BBB and move on! Enjoy the tool and pursue your dream! :)

wow! :eek: quality look great

you ppl are evil :devil:

Hahah... Alex, just reward yourself - I remember you were considering the 50-500, did you get it in the end ? Maybe this is a better option :)

Just be happy :) Me hole burnt but.. hey, life's too short and money is always not enough.. :) BBB and move on! Enjoy the tool and pursue your dream!

What he said....

LOL... you guys saw the SIGMA's 200-500 f2.8? It's gargantuan!

I bet that would even things up for focal lengths!

And good for body building while shooting!

hahahahaaa....

Travelling with that would make airport security hawk-eye you...!

heheheee...

:bsmilie:

Ha. I don't think it's man-portable.

Comparing without any TC at 300mm f5.6 and with 2x tc at 600mm F5.6, Is there any difference in sharpness? Or Stop down to F8 with 2x tc and it will be sharp like usual?

Last edited:
lens @ 5.6 is a whole lot sharper....

2xTC @ 5.6 i find acceptable if u dont hv to crop much. If u need to crop (like most of them time..) f8 is preferable...

of course even @ f8 the long primes like a 500/4+1.4xtc will still be sharper.. after all that costs almost 3x more

Status
Not open for further replies.