Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 vs Canon 300 f/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
ComB said:
Is this price S$3380 DG or the new EX DG,where can i get it.
I being looking for this lens for a long time for sport shooting,good zoom range.But how about the sharpness at f2.8?Is there any sample picture to show at f2.8...thks
its the new EX DG, but apparently, after asking frm several shops, they all quote me above $3600! :dunno:

theres a 300mm F/4 for sale in B&S. nice price 1.8k

jdredd said:
theres a 300mm F/4 for sale in B&S. nice price 1.8k

I have canon 300 f4 IS,and i need this zoom range(120-300).If at f2.8 is sharp,is good to have this lens...

AP at simlim has the sigma 120-300. i saw the big brown box sitting on the top corner of the shelf. the guy over the counter quoted me at $37++.

its funny how when this lens was first launched it retailed at a measly 2.7k. I'd try and avoid the new DG version and try and find the older EX non-DG version as it features a much better tripod collar. The newer DG version has a less stable tripod collar and u will end up having to buy the optional one to replace it.

szekiat said:
its funny how when this lens was first launched it retailed at a measly 2.7k. I'd try and avoid the new DG version and try and find the older EX non-DG version as it features a much better tripod collar. The newer DG version has a less stable tripod collar and u will end up having to buy the optional one to replace it.
ya, i was told tat it used to be selling for only $2700-$3000, even a couple of months back. wonder y the price as increased by so much......now i dont know whether to get at this price anot. :dunno:

Do a search on B&H. There's a DG and non-DG version for nikon mount. Can see the price different there liao. US$400! :bigeyes:

polo_pro10 said:
ya, i was told tat it used to be selling for only $2700-$3000, even a couple of months back. wonder y the price as increased by so much......now i dont know whether to get at this price anot. :dunno:

Wah,if like dat..i need to go back to Taiwan and get it at my friends shop selling at NT61,000(S$3080)...:think:

polo_pro10 said:
anybody interested to get this lens? :think:

Yes i do,but how much they can offer good price?
Check ur PM......
Anyone do MO for this lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.