Sick of Digital, Going back to Film?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jbma said:
I see it coming when you started this thread hehe. I really did. It only a matter of time. Digital vs film....and another potential heat generator....Canon vs Nikon. Honestly I feel it is pointless to go about debating these 2 topics. It will never end. To each his own lah. What you prefer is up to you. There is no wrong or right. Just personal preference. So let it be.

i totally agree... except for the occasional technical tips i can pick up frm such threads, it is really endless and pointless to debate till the cow comes home and still in the end no one accepts the other party's point of view n vice versa...

bro, perhaps start another thread: which is more fun, go out taking photos or debating at this forum? (nikon vs canon, d70 vs 300d, sony 828 vs 300d, tamron vs sigma).. :bsmilie:

those long replies really made me see stars :confused: at 2am in the morning somemore..

I was a little confused with the jargon and technicalities for a moment, but it all makes perfect sense now.

Unfortunately I am that kind of person who will need a lot more persuation to shift my paradigm. When I think of a watch, I think of a physical dial with actual hours, minutes and seconds hands, rather than a LCD screen.

But still, many thanks for a very interesting discussion.

wilis128 said:
i totally agree... except for the occasional technical tips i can pick up frm such threads, it is really endless and pointless to debate till the cow comes home and still in the end no one accepts the other party's point of view n vice versa...

Haha... actually film not bad also...
But i prefer digital coz I want total control over my photos. ;)

Jia lat ah!

Film, digital, nikon, canon, whatever...

All I'm interested is whether I can a photo back from my experience in a given day out shooting.

I started photography with a digital camera (Olympus C730). It allowed me to try out photography more in-depth and when I realised that I was really interested and would be into photography for the long haul, I went and got me a film SLR. Walking backwards, perhaps but sometimes you need to take a step back before walking forward again. I'm truly hooked on the film SLR but I still have uses for my digital. I use it for street photography or for work purposes or when I cannot afford to lug around the heavier SLR and lenses. I can carry my digital wherever I go and it allows some flexibility in shooting off the hip, especially for street or action scenes.

Like the digital and analogue watches, there is a place for both film and digital cameras and they may suit different personalities and preferences.

C ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.