Sianz: Got speeding ticket in Perth

Status
Not open for further replies.
While traveling in Perth, got a speeding ticket which costs $150AUD and 2 demerit points. Anyone knows if Australian traffic police can give S'porean driver demerit points? What happen if I don't pay? :embrass:

have u converted ? if u haven't, then just pay fine la !

don't convert, just use internatinal driving licence if u return to sg every holiday if u r studying there ..

well... u can choose not to pay. But then don't blame them if u are denied entry.

Well, I am not holding international driving license and not studying there either. Just went there for a week of holiday and was caught speeding. It's my fault. Question is can they give me demerit points?

i believe they can, sg drivers also get fined in msia. I havent heard any country where sg people are untouchable on the roads. Fair game if you do wrong! :bsmilie:

Had a couple last time using my SG license in Perth, but never got 'transferred'. Then again, this was some years back.

Speeding fines are one of the biggest income earners for the W. Aust government, so when you're there, dont speed :)

As with Malaysian fines, you have the option of not paying at all unless you're planning to return as people said :D

OT: Of course, for the former *ahem* there's *always* a way to get scot free :bsmilie:

well. ever intending to step into Australia ever again? if the answer is no, you can choose not to pay it.

no need to worry about points being transferred to you. the Australian demerit point system varies from state to state, and it is also highly different from the one that you are used to in Singapore.

just out of curiosity, what did you get pinged for?

Status
Not open for further replies.