Shutter speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhenhan

Jul 4, 2007
Hi pple here..

i recently just brought fujifilm s5700.. still in the learning process..

i am still rather lost in knowing when n how to use the shutter speed function .. what type of speed for wat type of fucntions?

anyone can advise?

tks

Shutter speed function is a mode whereby the exposure timing is controlled by you, other than that ISO/Aperture is controlled by the camera's metering.

If you want to freeze action, use a high shutter speed, if you want to make action into a blur, use a lower shutter speed. Note that you can only handhold safely for different focal lengths with the rough formula (1/focal length), if you have correct technique, maybe 1 or 2 stops more.

If you are not catching any ball about what I have written here, best to pick up some books on the basics of photography, and start reading up first.

If you are new to photography, then perhaps the best way to start is either to enter the woods right away with manual photography, that's what I did; or to start with program mode.

Tks ..
but i have a qn . on the camera setting, which is consider slow which is consider fast shutter speed?

eg. i have something like 1.3" to 1000

Tks ..
but i have a qn . on the camera setting, which is consider slow which is consider fast shutter speed?

eg. i have something like 1.3" to 1000

1.3" represent 1.3 seconds while 1000 represents 1/1000th of a second.. so 1.3" is considered a slow shutter speed whereas 1000 is fast..

Status
Not open for further replies.