Show us your Pentax - Season II

A friend gave me this new Pentax gadget during my trip to Beijing 2 weeks back, had to get a new 'phone' camera to match it:

PentaxCase_iPhone4.jpg

I guess my ancient Palm Treo finally can retire liao.

Last edited:
LoL! Nice one! :D

Downgrade my fa 50 1.4 to da 40 xs, will probably use it on mz-7 since it can set the aperture from the camera body :)

My new smc Pentax FA 35mm f2.0 AL

30ijbeb.jpg

2ljt5qv.jpg

But sadly i can only choose either with square hood & no filter, or with my B+W XS Pro MRC Nano filter but no square hood... can't have both filter & square hood on at the same time.

My new smc Pentax FA 35mm f2.0 AL

But sadly i can only choose either with square hood & no filter, or with my B+W XS Pro MRC Nano filter but no square hood... can't have both filter & square hood on at the same time.

congrats on the new lens! it's fantastic for the price... but why the obsession with the square hood/filter? I use the normal hood with no problems...

congrats on the new lens! it's fantastic for the price... but why the obsession with the square hood/filter? I use the normal hood with no problems...

the square hood is the genuine one, so it won't vignett on full frame. the generic round one, i'm not sure.

Oops! My bad. My Samsung clone only came with the circular hood & I don't shoot film so I didn't realize!

the square hood is the genuine one, so it won't vignett on full frame. the generic round one, i'm not sure.

i tot the round hood is the original hood that comes with FA 35? at least thats the one i got when I bought my FA 35 second hand..anyway the round hood will not vignet on film..i have tried before :)

This is the original hood

FA35f2.jpg

Picture from Bojidar Dimitrov's Pentax K-Mount Page

i tot the round hood is the original hood that comes with FA 35? at least thats the one i got when I bought my FA 35 second hand..anyway the round hood will not vignet on film..i have tried before :)

This is the original hood

FA35f2.jpg

Picture from Bojidar Dimitrov's Pentax K-Mount Page

It seems you are right! My bad :embrass:

the square one is from takumar era

takumar-35-hood.jpg

Last edited:
hello clubsnap, i'm alan ebora, aka alanebs but i also call myself... pentaxhunter.

IMGP1495RESIZED.jpg

i am dreaming of completing the whole SMC PENTAX M series lenses.

Wah.....! So nice!! I also want... ;P

hello clubsnap, i'm alan ebora, aka alanebs but i also call myself... pentaxhunter.

IMGP1495RESIZED.jpg

i am dreaming of completing the whole SMC PENTAX M series lenses.

wow.. what a collection you've got there! 28 2.8, 28 3.5, 35 2.8, 50 1.4, 50 2, 50 4 macro, 85 2, 100 2.8, 135 3.5, 150 3.5, 200 f4 :thumbsup:

where's the famous pancake? ;)

thanks. here's my updated pentax family photo.
IMGP6216.jpg

wow, 85mm f2 is hard to find,
and congratulation for your M40 f2.8 on MX and 100mm f4 macro

I used to like collect all the m series as well, but then gave up, it take a lot of patient to hunt down all those,

I used to have M50 f1.7, M50 f1.4, M135, M200, then I sold them, and got a M35-70 f2.8-3.5, my friend used to have the M70-150 f4 and M80-210 f4.5 if I can recall, someone used to sell M40-80 on forum as well. luckily M series is more afforable to collect, as A series is expensive, and K series as well like those 2 f1.2s.

someone here sold a M35 f2 long time ago, good condition, it may be back in bns sometime in the future.
and I used to saw one canon guy selling the M28 f2 in bns and not sold yet when I last checked long time ago
hope you find the M120 f2.8 as well

the hard one to find is M20 f4, M400 f5.6; I have never seen any around yet.
M300 f4 maybe the most expensive in M series.

Last edited:
^thanks! although i have to clarify, i am not collecting all the M series, just the Mseries primes. and here in the philippines, they are pretty hard to come by. so my next option is to hunt for them elsewhere. wink wink.

i hope to get as much M primes as i can and hold on to them until the pentax full frame dslr arrives. hahaha!

Personally, I think these lenses are not as hard as one think, to find..

Problem is, finding them within a reasonable value.. Most of them have crazy asking price.. LoL! Good luck in finding the decently priced ones! :D

K-01 with Sigma 30mm f/1.4

7758929464_d582e19fea_b.jpg