Shoutout to all timelapse enthusiast

there is no so such large dolly available, if even there is, is like a more than 50m long tracks

I must say there is a lot of hard work in it, the planning, the shooting, and the post production.

definately alot of hard work..

all he says is he moved the tripod manually, and also stabilization in AE.

very vague on the workflow and process to get the shots.

there is no so such large dolly available, if even there is, is like a more than 50m long tracks

I must say there is a lot of hard work in it, the planning, the shooting, and the post production.

if not using dolly...must say his very precise in the angle and movement. so smooth

definately alot of hard work..

all he says is he moved the tripod manually, and also stabilization in AE.

very vague on the workflow and process to get the shots.

if not using dolly...must say his very precise in the angle and movement. so smooth
the free hand motion time lapse parts are average at 2 sec length, so if at 24fps, he will shoot about between 48 -72 frames of same subject at various distance, than alight them during post production painstakingly.

btw, he did not take his own sweet time to shoot each frames, the camera is set on timelapse mode, he has to move into position before the next frame fire.

he does state his interval is around 5 secs.

but cineskates on gorillapod are quite short..

the free hand motion time lapse parts are average at 2 sec length, so if at 24fps, he will shoot about between 48 -72 frames of same subject at various distance, than alight them during post production painstakingly.

btw, he did not take his own sweet time to shoot each frames, the camera is set on timelapse mode, he has to move into position before the next frame fire.

Ben's theory sounds most probable.

Also some of the shots are shot in the flyer, which in itself is providing the change of perspective as well as the motion..

edit... this is his post in one of his other video...

"no (dolly)
description in a nutshell:
Single-shot (stop Motion), the order is: the place from where the filming should ideally be flat and preferably with the tile (as it is convenient to measure at regular intervals between the frames and follow the exact trajectory), it is best to shoot from a tripod with ball head. more important to aim accurately in each frame (you must choose on a subject component, which is stable and not moving nothing overlaps and will not be lost) by aiming layfviyu and 10x. the horizon is also important to watch, of course, need a remote control with timer. Well then necessarily stabilizing in AE. (Google Translator)"

AE refers to Adobe After Effects.

Last edited:
Ben's theory sounds most probable.

Also some of the shots are shot in the flyer, which in itself is providing the change of perspective as well as the motion..

edit... this is his post in one of his other video...

"no (dolly)
description in a nutshell:
Single-shot (stop Motion), the order is: the place from where the filming should ideally be flat and preferably with the tile (as it is convenient to measure at regular intervals between the frames and follow the exact trajectory), it is best to shoot from a tripod with ball head. more important to aim accurately in each frame (you must choose on a subject component, which is stable and not moving nothing overlaps and will not be lost) by aiming layfviyu and 10x. the horizon is also important to watch, of course, need a remote control with timer. Well then necessarily stabilizing in AE. (Google Translator)"

AE refers to Adobe After Effects.
thank you, this is what I read also.

in short, his method is not so high tech, no fancy gears like slide or dolly, but the effects is really stunning.

i wonder how he capture some angles (39 , 2:12 etc) ? unless he is on a helicopter... -_-" especially the shoot from the top on Benjam Sheares bridge

Last edited:
thank you, this is what I read also.

in short, his method is not so high tech, no fancy gears like slide or dolly, but the effects is really stunning.

yup thts what i read also. really alot of hardwork.

i wonder how he capture some angles? unless he is on a helicopter... -_-"

got a few from flyer.

and some ontop of MBS, but i wonder how he set up his tripod. understand tripod not allowed upstairs?

got a few from flyer.

and some ontop of MBS, but i wonder how he set up his tripod. understand tripod not allowed upstairs?

He is angmoh, and angmoh get a lot of leeway around these parts. :p

You get a bunch of AngMoh standing there drinking and talking, set up tripod right in the center of the group, nobody can see it......
even can see also pretend didn't see it..
lol.

Very impressive. All these within 5 days?!? I wonder how many rounds of flyer he took to complete the shots. Hard to believe if it is not sponsored in some way or another.