Should schools take a break during school holidays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should call schoold holidays "CS Kopitiam Days". :bsmilie:

Hmmmm, i wonder how many students can survive in this kopitiam. call model aunty also die, said nose bleed also die. :bsmilie:

seems like discussion gone off topic. apologies :sweatsm:

Opinions on the topic?

any parents? students? non-teaching staff? teachers?

oh, i'm a JC student right now and honestly, while not i'm exactly enjoying studying during the 'holidays' , its very necessary:think: Otherwise, i wonder how most people for going to cover all thats gona be in the A lvls :bigeyes:

Don't get me wrong, i'm DEFINATELY not a mugger, but i'm a student (and like most others), I want those As!

remember:
School is work without holidays. Holidays are work without school :think:

remember:

to be frank, with current a level status, if you put in regular work during schooltime,

you won't have to work during the holidays, i kid you not. try it sometime.

to be frank, with current a level status, if you put in regular work during schooltime,

LOL:bsmilie:

yup, agree with you on that, for most ppl that would be the case.

However....including H3 subjects...research attachments... CCA (photo soc!)... i think holidays are a great time for me to catch up! :sweatsm:

the kids.. well, most of them just want to play..

Which is a necessary and far more efficient component of learning than cramming for exams. Or than winning awards for the glory of the school and a promotion of the teacher/principal.

oh, i'm a JC student right now and honestly, while not i'm exactly enjoying studying during the 'holidays' , its very necessary:think: Otherwise, i wonder how most people for going to cover all thats gona be in the A lvls :bigeyes:

Don't get me wrong, i'm DEFINATELY not a mugger, but i'm a student (and like most others), I want those As!

remember:

Well, I didn't get any As for my A levels, but I did manage to go to the local university. You might say its because in my time, there is not so many As around....:bsmilie:

Having "A" is not really the issue. The issue is whether you actually understand what you are studying and be interested enough to want to learn more. Without "holidays", you hardly have time to revise as you will be spending all your time in classes and other stuff.

Its not really work if you enjoy doing it.

To be frank, I don't know what's happening at A levels nowadays, but at MSc level, without holidays, how to do research for my assignments and have time to travel? Mind you, I only have 2 days of classes a week during the semester.....;p

With the current trend of things (and from what I hear from my A level-taking friends), no matter how consistent you are during school time, the work never stops coming.

With the current trend of things (and from what I hear from my A level-taking friends), no matter how consistent you are during school time, the work never stops coming.

yea, thats the sentiments of a lot of my peers too. Well, while the TS asks if "schools [should] take a break during school holidays" i think the real answer lies in whether students think they deserve that break.

Though i'm not too sure abt whether holiday classes are complusory in pri/sec schools..in JC, students are given the wonderful gift of negative freedom.

If you want to slack and mess up your A levels...
If you want to suck your holidays dry by studying non-stop
If you can slack and still have confidence that you can score straight As

No one's gonna stop ya :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.