Should I store them together in the dry cabinet?

TS, if you only have 1 cam body and 1 lens, my suggestion is to leave the lens mounted on the body and store in the dry cabi. Unless you are running out of space in the dry cabi and needs to separate them to store. Just my personal opinion.

I got only 1 lens so far.
So as to minimize the dust particle from entering the camera and lens, should I store them away attached together, in the dry cabinet?

Is there any cons of doing so?

Thanks for the advice. :)

Dust is everywhere. You can't really help it. Since you only have one lens then the sensible option is to leave the lens attached to the body to prevent dust from settling on the sensor.

Tell you a funny joke: I'm in Perth and in Summer as in now, there are lots of flies and other furry bugs. When I changed my prime lens to a UWA lens, a stupid fly flew in when I attached the lens. Guess what? I snapped a few times until the mirror squashed the fly. It was then removed using a lens pen. Violia ... good as new. :bsmilie:

dust will find its way to your sensor. its juz a matter of...

Regards,
Parveen
---------------
Currency Rates

Tell you a funny joke: I'm in Perth and in Summer as in now, there are lots of flies and other furry bugs. When I changed my prime lens to a UWA lens, a stupid fly flew in when I attached the lens. Guess what? I snapped a few times until the mirror squashed the fly. It was then removed using a lens pen. Violia ... good as new. :bsmilie:

LOL... :)

Actually the camera sensor shaking thing can work pretty well. I had a spot of dust when I took a shot at f22. Used the sensor shaking and dust actually came off. So useful that I set it to auto-clean whenever I switch of my camera just to keep the sensor as clean as possible.

just wondering,

all the shake off dust, where do they go to? Do they collect in the body and become dust bunnies? :bsmilie:

just wondering,

all the shake off dust, where do they go to? Do they collect in the body and become dust bunnies? :bsmilie:
AFAIK, in the case of the Canon EOS Integrated Cleaning System (ICS) dust particles falls off the IR cut-off and optical low-pass filter forward of the CMOS sensor and onto an adhesive pad. ;)

Last edited:

Sure or not? :think:

AFAIK, in the case of the Canon EOS Integrated Cleaning System (ICS) dust particles falls off the IR cut-off and optical low-pass filter forward of the CMOS sensor and onto an adhesive pad. ;)

cool!!

I think it's doesn't make much of a difference. For me it's more of a practicality decision, my dry box is rather packed and so I need to store the body and lens separately.

As for the discussion on "dust" in general, don't need to get too fussed up over dust... but do be careful when changing lens in sandy or extremely dusty environment (e.g. beach, construction site etc.). With normal usage and regular care, even if any dust issues occur, by the time it gets serious enough, it's time to upgrade your body anyway.