Should I seperate the Fungus lens with others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Zac08, well I already got a macro lens but just want to have extension tube so can get closer picture.

I see.... it only reduces the focusing distance. How close do you wanna get?

Hehehe ;p RyanG go BBB again lah then get a new dry cabi and your current 30L one can sell to me :lovegrin: Joking~

Yours current dry cabi bought from where? brand? and price? Not sure which one to get :think:

Haha! I'm BBB on lens and tripod. Broke!

Bought a Digi-Cabi DB-036 30L from OP @ $115 - Cash Payment (was quoted $118 but got a discount after some bargaining and bought other stuff from there!)

I see.... it only reduces the focusing distance. How close do you wanna get?

Something close like shooting water droplets or something close like this:-

dragonflyfickr.jpg

*** Sorry Blasco borrowed your picture as an example ;p ***

Something close like shooting water droplets or something close like this:-

dragonflyfickr.jpg

*** Sorry Blasco borrowed your picture as an example ;p ***

Dun think you can get so close to the dragonfly using extension tube like this... you'd probably be better off with a CU filter or using a longer lens and then increasing the magnification factor.

it doesnt really look suited for dslr...

Hi luna_sea83,

Sorry I dont get what you mean by not really look suited for dslr :what: but the spec shown is compatiable for DSLR. And 1 of the Cser I met is also using it with his DSLR :)

RyanG, hmmm I take at look on the digi-cabi dry cabinet cataloge, and see the size of 30L, it seem quite small to me for putting the below.

3 body (prefer 1 body to mounted with lens)
1 flash
left 3 lens (but 1 lens <the tio fungus one> I will separate it out, put in dry box>)
few filters
cleaning kits

Should I get a 50L or 60L?

it doesnt really look suited for dslr...

Hi luna_sea83,

Sorry I dont get what you mean by not really look suited for dslr :what: but the spec shown is compatiable for DSLR. And 1 of the Cser I met is also using it with his DSLR :)

The Raynox 250 can be used with a DSLR, but it's not that easy to use. You'd probably need a tripod for more accurate focusing.

RyanG, hmmm I take at look on the digi-cabi dry cabinet cataloge, and see the size of 30L, it seem quite small to me for putting the below.

3 body (prefer 1 body to mounted with lens)
1 flash
left 3 lens (but 1 lens <the tio fungus one> I will separate it out, put in dry box>)
few filters
cleaning kits

Should I get a 50L or 60L?

As mentioned, it will be a lil squeezy with the 30l.

Getting the 50 or 60 will give you more room to move around the gears.

As mentioned, it will be a lil squeezy with the 30l.

Getting the 50 or 60 will give you more room to move around the gears.

;) Just bought the Digi-cabi 60L.

first thing first, dry box are not really dry as you think. Once the cover is open,moisture gets in, right ?

how does your lens get the fungus, stored some where or all along in the so call dry box ?

why not send the lens for cleaning ? wanting to let it grow more and use as a soft potrait lens ? you might be venturing into alternative photography, then let it grows. but please separate from others.

get those dry cabinet that need electricity to run, no choice if you value your equipments.

first thing first, dry box are not really dry as you think. Once the cover is open,moisture gets in, right ?

how does your lens get the fungus, stored some where or all along in the so call dry box ?

why not send the lens for cleaning ? wanting to let it grow more and use as a soft potrait lens ? you might be venturing into alternative photography, then let it grows. but please separate from others.

get those dry cabinet that need electricity to run, no choice if you value your equipments.

:embrass: I actually used most is that "fungus lens" previously 28mm -200mm, due to not really take into good care then tio fungus. All my equips kept in same dry box, but today just got my digi-cabi 60L electronic, now under monitoring the RH%, can only see the result tomorrow then if everything ok I going put all my equips inside but as for that fungus lens I put it in the dry box seperate it.

No sure how much $ will to clean it...Tokina lens can send to which place to clean? do you know?

It is always recommended NOT to store fungus-ed lenses with non-fungus-ed lenses. You are just increasing the chances for cross contamination.

from my point of view, fungus grows in three area, the outer lens surface, just on the coating, this can be easily removed and best to detect it as early as possible, just as like sickness on human beings, early detection, early cure.

the second type will grow in the inner surface between lens element, this will needs the camera doctor.

final one will be the hardcore case, it grows inbetween two sandwiched lens element, this is a terminal case. Liken to final stage of cancer.

However, one point I would like to stress on, any lens other than from factory assembled, when disassembled in any workshop or what, when returns, it will never be the same as original.
Why ? Becoz the working condition between assembly and repair are different.

Apparently my lens got fungus but I'm blind and can't see it. But it was always in the dry box so how come like dat?:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.