Should I get a Nikon FM2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
Need some advice. After dropping the idea of getting a 1D mk2, now I am thinking hard of getting a Nikon FM2 or whatever is a MANUAL camera. I believe this is the CS virus...

Honestly I don't know whether I would make good use of it but I am just hoping to get something, ahh... And someone even showed me his newly bought used Leica M7... Very impressed...

Should I or shouldn't I?

tomshen said:
Need some advice. After dropping the idea of getting a 1D mk2, now I am thinking hard of getting a Nikon FM2 or whatever is a MANUAL camera. I believe this is the CS virus...

Honestly I don't know whether I would make good use of it but I am just hoping to get something, ahh... And someone even showed me his newly bought used Leica M7... Very impressed...

Should I or shouldn't I?

come.....COME....COME!!! The dark side beckons..... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Larry said:
waaahhhh... tomshen going manual. wanna borrow my lovely Nikon F3 first? :D
Is F3 a manual camera?

dunno about the nikon fm2, but i have used the yashica fx3 2000 b4.... cheap n good fully manual camera. i think someone in CS is selling that cam together with the zeiss pancake lens for $350. compact n light super sharp slr outfit for street shooting...

F3 operates like a manual camera but needs 2 LR44 batteries to power the meter and shutter.there is a mechanical shutter speed of 1/60 dat dun need power in case ur batteries fails u.very nice camera,IMO a better buy over FM2 anytime.

Larry said:
yuppers. fully manual. considered the pro body of manual cams. :D
wah, that's great. Let me try dude! Must lend me one lens as well. ;)

Larry said:
caaaaaan. you want zoom or prime? :D
All!! LOL, joking. Any lens you won't use in the next few days can liao. I just want to expose a roll of film and see how it comes out.

Haha Tom, u got the buy virus!! Try out the F3 and see if u like manual shooting. It's still slr so u will be comfortable with it. RF will need some getting used to. ;)

Yes, get it ;)
FM has been use in war and survive after the war. FM2 is even better :)

kingpin said:
Haha Tom, u got the buy virus!! Try out the F3 and see if u like manual shooting. It's still slr so u will be comfortable with it. RF will need some getting used to. ;)
Bitten by you lor.

can try fm3a

better still, buy into nikon! and enjoy the best of both worlds ^_^

I think FM2 is a better choice. It is a PURE mechanical camera. Incredible piece of equipment. You control the camera and not vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.