Should i get a DSLR ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U must think positive, it is possible that the extra GST increase will be absorbed by the retailers...

i rather the cost be passed onto the consumer...just like public transport...

U must think positive, it is possible that the extra GST increase will be absorbed by the retailers...
Unlikely that will happen in Singapore.

Tourist get more return from 7% GST return ;) .

Regards,
Arto.

But, with the D40, you only get autofocus when using an AF-S or AF-I lens, which are damn expensive. So be careful! The initial outlay is low, but lens purchases afterwards are expensive on the D40.

Wow, that'll be a big factor to consider....low entry price for the body comes with a big catch....

so, in all, what would be your comment on D40 vs 400D, as a 1st dSLR for noobie???

Wow, that'll be a big factor to consider....low entry price for the body comes with a big catch....

so, in all, what would be your comment on D40 vs 400D, as a 1st dSLR for noobie???

Try them for yourself and pick whichever one you feel more comfortable with.

I think it's not possible to answer the question *for* you - there are too many more factors (differences) to consider, and these factors vary from person to person.

Do you own a camera? If yes, what improvement/demand do you have? Follow this line and you'll not go wrong.. that's how i started (FZ10)...

Do you own a camera? If yes, what improvement/demand do you have? Follow this line and you'll not go wrong.. that's how i started (FZ10)...

i presume your post is directed at me??

Yes, i do own a digicam now....started off with Canon A40, then IXUS400 and later S3IS....thought of getting rid the S3 and get a consumer entry level dSLR given the attractive pricing nowadays.......i have another Pentax W10 although not a great cam but i like the waterproof feature for outing to the pools and seaside with my family....

to answer ur question, yes, i am not too contended with S3 for now :bsmilie:

Yes, i do own a digicam now....started off with Canon A40, then IXUS400 and later S3IS....thought of getting rid the S3 and get a consumer entry level dSLR given the attractive pricing nowadays.......i have another Pentax W10 although not a great cam but i like the waterproof feature for outing to the pools and seaside with my family....

Wow. You got so many cameras b4... BUT have you found what you really really want? If YES. Then start building your own system. Be it Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Sony, Olympus etc...

I more or less ...same line ...Canon A40, fuji S5000 then S3 IS.

I find that DSlr produced very much cleaner image compared to PnS & Dslr should be faster.
I had a hard time trying to shoot flying aircraft during the last RSAF open hse (partly due to my lousy shooting skill) :p

If YES. Then start building your own system. Be it Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Sony, Olympus etc...

eh, stop tempting me ok?? build own system mean BBB........

Life not simple choice between auto and manual. There's many combinations in between. ;)

and u say that u want to control AV/TV ...but u want to shoot all in auto...what u talking sia...

Status
Not open for further replies.