Status
Not open for further replies.

YSLee

Jan 17, 2002
Visit site
dscn0003.jpg

dscn0004.jpg

dscn0005.jpg

(the first shot is just plain hilarious to me for some reason <WEG>)

Hmm... I like the series of reactions you've got. Similar-ish vein running through all three.

Have to disagree, first one looks more threatening rather than hilarious!

Second one is nice, an equally good pic would have been to make use of the lanterns by themselves to create a picture...

Third pic is my favourite from this set, for some reason, I just like it the best! Tells the story, and the expression on the driver's face is priceless. Background isn't the best, perhaps you could've swung a bit more to the left.

Well, for the 3rd pic, I wanted to get in closer, but the cop had been giving me looks for the past few minutes..

And I just don't know why, the 1st pic is hilarious (maybe it's because the picture and reality were totally different)! :D

Like I said, didn't necessarily need to get closer, could have turned the camera left, included all of the policeman and losing a bit of the space on the right.

Originally posted by YSLee
Well, for the 3rd pic, I wanted to get in closer, but the cop had been giving me looks for the past few minutes..

And I just don't know why, the 1st pic is hilarious (maybe it's because the picture and reality were totally different)! :D
kok the police's head with your F100 lar.

Hi lee

I think your pictures are not bad. You have a keen sense of observing human gestures.

I agree with the others that the 3rd picture would have been stronger compositionally had you included more of the policeman and moved in closer. However, in such cases its a risk as you wont know what the policeman would do if you got too close ( arrested? stern warning? :p)

Noticed that there is some motion blur too, perhaps you might consider using a faster ISO film or a prime lens with a faster F-stop to get better shutter speed for your "grab shots".

Would look forward to seeing more in this series :)

P.S : Have you considered shooting black and white?

Ben, thanks for the comments.

I'm not too sure about the motion blur part.. which picture has it? All 3?

As for B&W, I've not considered shooting in that yet. I might try it one day. What films do you recommand?

As for B&W, I've not considered shooting in that yet. I might try it one day. What films do you recommand?

Like someone suggested in the last SEED (think it's Shadus or Bluestrike), use Max 400, shoot, scan, convert to B&W. :p

Give the Kodak T400CN, Tri X, Ilford Delta, HP5 a try.

Regards
CK

Hi lee,

I might be wrong about the motion blur, in pic 2 and 3, on the edges it seems fuzzy. So its either you shot fast and the exposure wasnt fast enough ( shutter speed less than 1/250 to avoid motion blur) or the wide angle lens you use needs to be stopped down (f5.6 onwards for better dept-of-field) as usually at widest aperture some lens are soft on the corners/edges.

I would recommend Kodak T400CN, its cheap and easily processed and looks good scanned. Smooth and fine grain too! :)

cheers!

Originally posted by BenJR

Hi lee,

I might be wrong about the motion blur, in pic 2 and 3, on the edges it seems fuzzy. So its either you shot fast and the exposure wasnt fast enough ( shutter speed less than 1/250 to avoid motion blur) or the wide angle lens you use needs to be stopped down (f5.6 onwards for better dept-of-field) as usually at widest aperture some lens are soft on the corners/edges.

I would recommend Kodak T400CN, its cheap and easily processed and looks good scanned. Smooth and fine grain too! :)

cheers!

How does T400CN look when printed on regular colour paper in the labs?

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

How does T400CN look when printed on regular colour paper in the labs?

Regards
CK

Hi CK

I usually send my T400CN to COLOURLAB PHOTOFINISHING at Adelphi

They charge 55 cts for a 4R black and white EPIC print with white borders.

Must say next to printing them yourself the quality is very good. Very sharp. Except its all a straight print. Maybe they "dodge and burn" slighly using photo editing software.

To see how the quality looks like, view my earlier posts under STREET PHOTOGRAPHY

hope that helps

cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.