Not open for further replies.

ricodzeus

Mar 1, 2008
DSC_7152.jpg

DSC_7153.jpg

DSC_7325.jpg

DSC_7195.jpg

Thanks for viewing. cheers.

everyone of these shots could be improved if there had been some sort of depth of field. but each are lacking and look quite flat.
composition isn't to bad. but backgrounds stand out so much more because of the lack of DOF.

everyone of these shots could be improved if there had been some sort of depth of field. but each are lacking and look quite flat.
composition isn't to bad. but backgrounds stand out so much more because of the lack of DOF.

Using Bokeh to give attention to subject is one way. Alternatively, the positioning of the photographer can also be put to good use. :)

Regards

DSC_7189.jpg

The TS is using a D90. Bokeh can be achieved.
This shot sees the photographer placed in a position with a pretty clear background but still it doesn't work for me because so many things are fighting to be in the picture with no subject isolation even though the background is clear.

TS, what were your settings for this picture?

i like the composition of the last one :thumbsup:
thank you.

kit lens at max zoom. aperture at 5.6. pic was cropped.

Using Bokeh to give attention to subject is one way. Alternatively, the positioning of the photographer can also be put to good use. :)

Regards
thanks, will try to blur background next time with pp.

DSC_7189.jpg

The TS is using a D90. Bokeh can be achieved.
This shot sees the photographer placed in a position with a pretty clear background but still it doesn't work for me because so many things are fighting to be in the picture with no subject isolation even though the background is clear.

TS, what were your settings for this picture?
all the pic were cropped tighter.
Setting for this pic is: 75mm, Auto (ISO200) 1/200s - F5.6

try pushing up the iso to around 400 then you can use a higher shutter speed to freeze more motion but if you like motion blur its your call !! :)

for bokeh can just use F2.8 if your lens permit or f3.5 ???

just my 2cents or less worth :sweatsm:

try pushing up the iso to around 400 then you can use a higher shutter speed to freeze more motion but if you like motion blur its your call !! :)

for bokeh can just use F2.8 if your lens permit or f3.5 ???

just my 2cents or less worth :sweatsm:

thanks, will try next time. Using kit lens, on manual mode, will try to set to biggest aperture next time. Didn't change the setting when I last set for indoor shots with flash. :embrass:

for me , i usually leave at F5.6 for a crisp background.
then down to 2.8 for bokeh shots.

i do face the same problems that i forget to change my settings in haste too
thanks for comment.
easier to crop and pp later for bokeh eh? :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.