Shots from changi

random-pax

Jun 2, 2010
1#

4691492984_1b8643b93d_b.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Compostion/Exposure
2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
The beauty and loneliness of the tree during twilight
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
alone?

Last edited:
There is room for improvement, especially on composition. Some distracting elements lingers around.

If you could or know how to employ the " nite-marish " style of exposure, you might have get a better result.

thanks for ur comments.... do u have any examples of nite-marish style of exposure? i tried google but to no avail

He is one of the senior member, expert in landscape / cityscape photographer in ClupSnap here. Usually works with neutral density filters, polarizer, circular polarizer, graduated ND filters etc to enable long exposure time to produce that silky, clouds like feeling of water motion.

i see thanks... sorry i am quite new here =)

thanks for ur comments.... do u have any examples of nite-marish style of exposure? i tried google but to no avail

There's no official "nite-marish style":bsmilie:
Anyway, style does evolve...you can try to learn from his many nice work but don't just become a replica...

As mentioned you can try long exposure on water...By the way, the rock on right is distracting, especially when it's lit up by golden sunlight. Left is rather empty and thus posting problem with the balance on composition:)

hhmm, oso, I am just wondering was it possible for you not to cut of the tip of the branch since it's your subject? or if it's not cut off, then probably could you show abit of leeway to show that it's not cut off...:)

yeah i tot it might be nice if i got brought a tripod cuz it was kinda spontanous... anyway i gotta make a sacrifice to either cut off the top or the picture won't be leveled.... thanks for everyone's comment i will take more shots n improve...:)

Yap, it is not official, but just associate with certain photographer / artist preferred way of expression of their works. An example will be like Rembrandt's lighting, Rembrandt is not a photographer but an artist / painter of portrait, only that he like to paint portraits in that particular way of lighting pattern, hence most people referred to any photo-portraiture that lights the same way as Rembrandt's lighting.

Not surprising, one of this days we will /shall see a revolution ovaltinemilo's style / way of approach to photography.

Usually those long exposure technique will start somwhere from 1/2 sec ~ 30 sec or more, subjectively to the time of the scene.
A steady tripod, remote or cable release plus patience is a must for achieving them.

Normally, it takes quite some time to study the composition, once settle, then move no more.
Results can be quite rewarding than straight shot like this one posted.

Do take a tour at Land / City scape and Travel and the Nite photography section to get some idea about long exposure.

Last edited:
Was there any other way you could have composed the tree? I would have taken it portrait, from a bottom up angle.

Not surprising, one of this days we will /shall see a revolution ovaltinemilo's style / way of approach to photography.
Haha...Pls do not compare me to those masters...I shoot for self pleasure...:bsmilie:
their work has much more thoughts+effort put in. I support the rule of no rules.:bsmilie:

some might not be technically competent, but he/she might have some unique approach/ideas to offer. One can be influenced by a certain style but should try to value-add to it:)

yeah i know about long exposure but i guess my fault with this picture is that i am too shutter happy.. nv give in tot about it b4 i press the button haha...