short trip oversea with camera *tips*

Here is a packing list for you:
1. Camera
2. Lens
3. Memory card
4. Battery
5. Battery charger

Why do you keep a cpl on...?

It's just happen to be on since the last time I used the lens ?
u want to pick on this too?

1. You are aware that your question pops up about 20 times a year, and that CS rules state you should search before posting, right?
2. Oh, I travel a lot. And I can tell you that professionals preparing to shoot Holi prepare for that one festival, and it has zero to do with a tourist trip to Bangkok.

The "great ideas" you are looking for are all nonsensical hassles. People with actual travel experience are telling you not to be paranoid and just enjoy your trip. You, however, are too stubborn to listen to experience and obviously prefer listening to fellow kiasi, inexperienced travelers who treat a camera like tofu.

it's a newbies corner for crying out loud. Pls go read all ur post n tell me which one sounds like an advise. So Pls... Take ur 10k posts attitude and stay out of the newbie corner. There is a difference in what u say and how u say..

I kept my CPL on my lens out of convenience

It totally ruined a whole series of wedding photos I took.
Thankfully I was only shooting that wedding because I wanted to shoot my flowers. (venue decorator here)

Thankfully I was only shooting that wedding because I wanted to shoot my flowers. (venue decorator here)

?? u dont chimp?

heres my advice.

shoot with a smart phone. no worries and can enjoy the trip

it's a newbies corner for crying out loud. Pls go read all ur post n tell me which one sounds like an advise. So Pls... Take ur 10k posts attitude and stay out of the newbie corner. There is a difference in what u say and how u say..

Here's my advice: read the stickies in the newbies corner, specifically the rule about searching before you post. Then you could have saved yourself a ton of time.

Totally understand.. I made the same mistake so many times already.: X

Totally understand.. I made the same mistake so many times already.: X

That's why I asked you why you leave it on. Take it off when you are done shooting.

Not sure if that point got through your over-sensitive skin.

That's why I asked you why you leave it on. Take it off when you are done shooting.

Not sure if that point got through your over-sensitive skin.

I get that... noobs mistake..

N I don't have sensitive skin .. just have dry skin.. I believe u should spend more time in each comment made. I suspect u have so much more to share But the texting style of writing is not getting ur message across. just my 2¢

Hi all,
Going over to Bkk on a Wkend trip, just gonna bring a d5200 + 18-270mm along.
Here my plan to Take care of the equipment. Ziploc bag + a camera body sleeve. Chuck into my day bag when not out. Everything in hand carry on plane.

Any great ideas or tips to protect or Take care of the camera n lens?
pls share.

Additional info. Personal travel insurance already bought for the year, covers inclusive up to 2k
I always carry a rain jacket but no umbrella.

Any other ideas on maintenance on the equipment while on trip would be nice too. Would love to hear ideas n thoughts on those who travel frequent too.

Ps. Forum trolls looking to seeking attention and throw one liners, your comments are more welcome else where.

Bro, coincidentally I just came back from Bkk. I just dumped my 5d2 and lens into a small camera bag and in turn dumped that into my carry all. When I went out to the streets to shoot, I just brought along my small camera bag. No ziplock, no rain cover... Never Kena muggers, rain (anyway plenty of buildings ard to wait out the rain). So, just relax and enjoy your trip. Be vigilant but dun be paranoid, else u will spend more time worrying than shooting. Enjoy!

Dun take it so badly. Rashkae's way of advice is different. He makes u think rather than spoon feed u.. "Tell me and I will forget. Teach me and I will learn. Involve me and I will remember."

?? u dont chimp?

(off topic a while)
I can't chimp. only slept 5hrs in the last 72. My camera has more battery energy than I. (almost had traffic accident en route to my workshop to de-kit)

okay..here's my take...

when u enjoy a trip...do u wanna feel the joy of being there (without snapping pics here n there..eats..drinks..shops..) or u wanna start shooting?

i dun travel much to be honest..but when i do..well..in terms of taking care of gears..is too..way out for me..basically for me is smartphone on but non roaming..meaning to say..just snap pics..
and my camera always ready..cos..u never know that moment u gonna miss..just snap..the ziplock bag thingy..is really no need...

thats my take la...

and my camera n smartphone still working wor..so yeah..depends on how u enjoy e trip..worry about ur gears getting spoilt...or missing that moment...(say morning sunrise?)

Dun take it so badly. Rashkae's way of advice is different. He makes u think rather than spoon feed u.. "Tell me and I will forget. Teach me and I will learn. Involve me and I will remember."

Bingo. :)

I always try to bring my 3M micro-fibre cloth, err it's like a kitchen towel/hanky
Have used it draped on the camera when it's drizzling, wipe off all sorts of gunk, dries quickly

I just bring a lenspen.