Short circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmeptb72

Nov 25, 2006
West
Need advice on the following:

Was at Fort Canning Hill attempting some macro shots when it started drizzling.

Thought I can get a few shots before taking cover as the rain's very light but....

my Sigma 150mm macro "short circuited"(?) & generated error 99 on my EOS10D.:cry:

Have verified that the camera is still working when I switched lenses & turned the camera on. When the lens is mounted even with the camera turned off, there's a sound of the HSM motor running for a second or two. The sound repeats itself when the camera's turned on & then error 99 appears.

Anyone had this problem before & if it can be fixed or it's a gonner?:bheart:

Need advice on the following:

Was at Fort Canning Hill attempting some macro shots when it started drizzling.

Thought I can get a few shots before taking cover as the rain's very light but....

my Sigma 150mm macro "short circuited"(?) & generated error 99 on my EOS10D.:cry:

Have verified that the camera is still working when I switched lenses & turned the camera on. When the lens is mounted even with the camera turned off, there's a sound of the HSM motor running for a second or two. The sound repeats itself when the camera's turned on & then error 99 appears.

Anyone had this problem before & if it can be fixed or it's a gonner?:bheart:

put in to your dry cabi for a week or 2 and see if it'll work.... as long as no circuits were burnt it should work fine once dried... i realised you made a mistake there, when any electrical product is exposed to water... the first thing you should do is switch it off and resist the temptation to test if it is still working... you'll be causing more damage that way...

hmmm.:think:

Will wait a week & then see again. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.