Shooting soccer game, how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh. Why you laugh?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Originally posted by Jed
Leave the flash at home.

Tell me you didn't see that coming? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Oh my oh my, I really didn't see this one coming. Ok never mind, just shooting for fun, not a big matter if fail. Ok now, monopod? Left at home?

Leave the monopod at home.
In fact, I'll spare us some time because I think it's pretty obvious where this is headed.

Leave the camera at home. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Originally posted by Jed
Leave the monopod at home.

In fact, I'll spare us some time because I think it's pretty obvious where this is headed.

Leave the camera at home. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
wah... give up:dunno: But honestly, goooooooooooooood suggestion, hehe...:devil:

Eh, when you quote my text, at least quote properly lah. Like, where did all the:

.s

go to?

SERIOUSLY.

Leave the 50-500 at home. Serious advice.

Leave the 1.4x TC at home. Serious advice.

Leave the flash at home. Serious advice, but bears explanation. Firstly, flash pictures look unnatural and overly harsh. Secondly, flash is unreliable in the given shooting circumstances, you will end up with over/under exposed pictures from one to the next. Thirdly, recycle time is too slow. Fourthly, you don't have enough juice to work with anything more than about 15m away. Doesn't matter what your guide number says, out in the field, there's absolutely nothing to reflect the light back, so your flash is severely "weakened" compared to normal. Okay, maybe a Metz MZ70 might get a bit more than 15m...

Leave the camera at home. Semi-serious advice. I'm not trying to deny you the joy of shooting sport, far from it. The problem is, you're faced with this situation. Flash, as explained above, it far from ideal. Non-flash, in your situation, is also far from ideal. I haven't shot at stadia back in Singapore before, but I doubt (although they *might*) have better light than the stadia I shoot at.

In the stadia I shoot at, EI1600 at f2.8 is stretching things. You're limited to an EI of 1000. Now you know why I say leave the 50-500 and the TC at home? You simply haven't got the light for it. I'm not even sure you'll have the light for the 70-200 by itself. Because I've shot at grounds where EI3200 with serious compromises in the shutter speed department at f2.8 still doesn't cut it.

But certainly, bring the camera and have a stab at it. I might be pleasantly surprised to find out I'm wrong about the lights. I'd bring the flash too in all seriousness. If the light is absolutely appalling... and I mean *absolutely* then that's probably going to be the lesser of two evils.

Good luck.

ok Jed, still prefer your long one better:p

Maybe soccer game is one of the most equipment intensive shooting conditions. Just try my luck and wish it won't lead me to spend THAT amount of stupid money in the future. Just a hobby, so stop at where it should be. But on the other hand, my curiosity cannot be cured without hands on it. This might also give myself a chance to be your PA if u ever return back before I leave Singapore, hah:D

Wait for my lousy first try and criticize as u like:)

Best,
Tom

Originally posted by tomshen
Oh, forgot to say, i got two tickets for both of u.

great! how do i collect them from you?
will we have a chance to shoot from the sidelines? ;P
will there be pretty Chinese cheerleaders? :devil:

haha ;p

will bring my CF cards along - yes still have them of course. Still need them for the next EOS digital! ;)

ok, RD and zhapchit, can we meet at 6:45pm on that day at bishan MRT? i will get more details from my friend regarding the venue.

Originally posted by Red Dawn

will we have a chance to shoot from the sidelines? ;P
Not sure about this, we may try our luck.

will there be pretty Chinese cheerleaders? :devil:
haha, hope so. zhapchit, bring some of your club girls?

will bring my CF cards along - yes still have them of course. Still need them for the next EOS digital! ;)
yeah, 1Ds is for u, i can smell it:light:

Originally posted by tomshen
ok, RD and zhapchit, can we meet at 6:45pm on that day at bishan MRT? i will get more details from my friend regarding the venue.

hmm but the game starts at 7? that gives us only 15 mins to go to the stadium and prepare. is the stadium close to the MRT?

hmm but the game starts at 7? that gives us only 15 mins to go to the stadium and prepare. is the stadium close to the MRT?
let me check from my friend first. I PM u my contact.

RD, the stdium is like 5/10 mins walk from the MRT station... less than a bus stop away.

Originally posted by Larry
RD, the stdium is like 5/10 mins walk from the MRT station... less than a bus stop away.
Hey larry, thx a lot for your info!

So zhapchit and RD, we keep the original plan? 6:45pm meet at station control in Bishan MRT? Make sure no one arrive late.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.