Shooting from HDB corridor - overcoming parapet wall and railing

Without the flat surface adapters, the clamp goes wider. Those green railings are generally wider. In the field it's annoying to remove the flat surface adapters though so keep a small pouch handy to store the 2 pieces in.

Now sure if you are aware, one of the side can be rotated up if you don't need it. You only need to remove 1 piece. So far, I haven't needed to remove it.

Now sure if you are aware, one of the side can be rotated up if you don't need it. You only need to remove 1 piece. So far, I haven't needed to remove it.

Yep am aware. But I remove both so if gives more contact onto the surface. I normally wrap a small hand towel over the railing as well so that it "bites" better.

2. Double Manfrotto Super clamp, this option will give you more reach.
i) 2 x Manfrotto Super Clamp
ii) dual sided 1/4 inch bolt

Thanks for sharing this! Can I ask what "dual sided 1/4 inch bolt" is for? How is this thing used? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for sharing this! Can I ask what "dual sided 1/4 inch bolt" is for? How is this thing used? Thanks in advance!

you can get One Set of double super clamp like this, don't need to buy two super clamps plus dual sided 1/4 inch bolt to attach two super clamps together.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/325437-REG/Manfrotto_038_038_Double_Super_Clamp.html

and you can use an Alan key to remove two bolts (same size as the Acra Swiss camera Plate bolt) for separating the double super clamp into two individuals super clamps if you need to use them individually.

Thank you @catchlights for the info! Very helpful, indeed!

Wondering where I can get "Manfrotto 208 3/8-Inch Mounting Plate" (preferably 208HEX, a newer version) in SG. I know Cathay is a local distributor for Manfrotto, but they don't have this accessory (just checked). Is there anywhere else I could try? Thanks in advance!

Wondering where I can get "Manfrotto 208 3/8-Inch Mounting Plate" (preferably 208HEX, a newer version) in SG. I know Cathay is a local distributor for Manfrotto, but they don't have this accessory (just checked). Is there anywhere else I could try? Thanks in advance!
I bought mine from Amazon.