Shooting at Orchard Road - any permit needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMPhoto

Jun 25, 2007
Hi all experienced film makers and videographers,

I'm planning for a shoot at Orchard Road, probably in some of the shopping centre and on the busy street (shooting with the weekend crowds walking around), can I ask if I need to get permit for shooting in these shopping centre and even on the street itself? If the video is only meant to be shown in some of the event and not on public channels or internet, will that make a different?

Thanks and appreciate your advise. I need the info to determine how am I going to proceed with this shoot.

rgds

Hi all experienced film makers and videographers,

I'm planning for a shoot at Orchard Road, probably in some of the shopping centre and on the busy street (shooting with the weekend crowds walking around), can I ask if I need to get permit for shooting in these shopping centre and even on the street itself? If the video is only meant to be shown in some of the event and not on public channels or internet, will that make a different?

Thanks and appreciate your advise. I need the info to determine how am I going to proceed with this shoot.

rgds
You want the straightforward answer, contact IDA.

If you are literally shooting inside the building and if you think that the scale of ur shooting is significant enough to attract attention, u need to clear with the premise management. If you r going to hit and run, maybe you can try yourluck :)

Shooting outside the buildings will be fine. No permit needed. I've shot many times before. You can often find students shooting along Orcahrd Road too.

But when you get inside the buildings, you got to apply for permission with the building's management. If not, you can really try hit and run, or dress up like a tourist and use small camcorders (without tripod).

Shooting outside the buildings will be fine. No permit needed. I've shot many times before. You can often find students shooting along Orcahrd Road too.

But when you get inside the buildings, you got to apply for permission with the building's management. If not, you can really try hit and run, or dress up like a tourist and use small camcorders (without tripod).

Hi Alternus

Thanks for the advise. I have run my shot last Saturday anyway at Orchard Road, albeit with slight concern whether I infringing any law or regulation, really don't want to get my couple friend into trouble because of the shoot. Nevertheless, it was done and has gone for processing.

Thanks all for the advise.

rgds

Last edited:
Hi Alternus

Thanks for the advise. I have run my shot last Saturday anyway at Orchard Road, albeit with slight concern whether I infringing any law or regulation, really don't want to get my couple friend into trouble because of the shoot. Nevertheless, it was done and has gone for processing.

Thanks all for the advise.

rgds

So, are you writing from home or from Changi prison? :)

Sorry, you sure IDA handles these type of queries - where you get that idea from?

You want the straightforward answer, contact IDA.

So, are you writing from home or from Changi prison? :)

Er... good question. This looks like my home... with some of metal bars around....Let me figure it out and update accordingly:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.