Shoot Tethered with Capture One Pro 4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

theRBK

May 16, 2005
Phase One has finally included tethered shooting capability for Nikon DSLRs with Capture One Pro 4.6... we can now shoot, PP and process within that one program for a smoother workflow... they have also updated Capture One to support D3X...

Nikon cameras tethered support (according to Phase One): D40, D40X, D60, D80, D200, D300, D700, D3 (at the moment)... one would expect D3X support to arrive shortly... curiously no D2X, D2Xs...

Last edited:
I recal the advantage in Capture One software as opposed to Nikon Capture NX is the ability to adjust settings on the fly. For example, say you set a certain WB on cam, you shoot, then on screen you see its weird. You use the eyedropper or curves to adjust; and it can work such that every other subsequent shot will use the adjusted values. This is something good in my opinion, and I wonder why Nikon's software can't do it (or am I wrong?).

My information is quite dated, so if things have changed, I would love to know about it.

how is capture one compared to lightroom 2.2? so far i pretty like the workflow im doing in lightroom, however its RAW handling is still uncomparable to CaptureNX 2. Just that i find working with hundreds of photos in CaptureNX 2 can be quite a pain as compared to Lightroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.