Shock!! is this normal for my newly bought C-2100UZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorkee

May 25, 2002
Visit site
When I use manual focus, setting shutter speed 1/2, there are some colorful spots on the image instead of being black pixels.
like this picture
P5250264.JPG

the setting is F4.0 1/2 ISO100, with cap covered.

I did another experiemetn, F4.0 16'' ISO100
more such error pixels.
P5250270.JPG

for high shutte speed (above 1/40), seems no such spots.

Is this considered normal ? C-2100 users ,could u pls test ur machine for comparisons ?

I think its normal for c2100uz to have hot pixels. they say it will be gone after the firmware update and mapping. but i was shock on your second pic

I tried and both the setting give me same result(3 small hot pixels) haven't get the firmware update yet.

what pic quality did u use ?
I use SHQ

Originally posted by luisg
I think its normal for c2100uz to have hot pixels. they say it will be gone after the firmware update and mapping. but i was shock on your second pic

I tried and both the setting give me same result(3 small hot pixels) haven't get the firmware update yet.

I tried 16'' setting again. This time round, it is better than previous experiment. I guess it is because i had used it for some time before doing the experiement.

Try doing the hot pixels test from 4 secs onwards till 16 secs. See my post on my hot pixels result for a rough reference.

For your 16 secs result, I think it's quite normal and compare to my 16 secs b4 remapping, urs is slightly better :D

Maybe u can try to go Oly Sing to remap ur hot pixels but do ensure there's no dead pixels.

thanks. I am going to do the remapping on monday.

How about upgrading the firmware? important ? necessary ?

I think everyone has this problem. Check mine out.

To minimize, set to ISO100 and F8. And don't go beyond 8s too often.

It's norm for hotties to form after long exposures but at 1/2 sec I think u better go get a CCD remap + firmware update after the long weekend.....;)

Originally posted by Jayan
It's norm for hotties to form after long exposures but at 1/2 sec I think u better go get a CCD remap + firmware update after the long weekend.....;)

Jayan, what does the firmware does anyway? If got new added features then I'm gonna go down again :D

Originally posted by Blitz

Jayan, what does the firmware does anyway? If got new added features then I'm gonna go down again :D

The firmware didn't add any new features that's for sure.

Apparently, what it does is to incorporate some form of 'Noise Reduction' that seems to minimize (not eliminate) hot pixels in long exposure by, I assume, tweaking the sensitivity of the CCD.

Some ppl complained that after the firmware update the pix taken turned out to a bit duller than usual, maybe due to the less sensitive CCD is unable to pick up as much color info as b4.

It's ur call to update or not. :)

so did jayan update the firmware or remap the hot pixels?
mine not yet changed leh.. feel like changing but scare later like wat u say got duller pic..... whic i tink oly cams already gives dull pic liao if duller than cham ah.....

I had my 2100 upgraded in oly SG before i left... yah it did solve the hot pixel problem, as it had some hot pixel at 1".. but after the upgrade.. hot pixels start appearing only if its >6"

Status
Not open for further replies.