Shitty experience at Konota yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
If any of you are around clementi, try Grace labs at Sunset way. Tried them last week and they were good. Dunno about digital. They charged me 50 cents for 5R and 35 cents for 4R. Prints are on a Fuji frontier 330 and Fuji crystal archive paper. Really cheap compared to other labs, and good service.

Tried printing from Fuji NPS - colour balance was a tiny bit towards yellow, but next time I'll ask them to correct it. IMHO Foto Elite still gives me the best colour balance for skin tones.

Tried Konota once but delays delays delays, so I avoid them ever since.

Had bad experience with Konota as well. Piad for express service and promised the collection within 1 hr. Sent in around 1 pm and only manage to collect them 4 plus... They have the cheek to charge me extra somemore coz they say its still considered express..... ;(

Some guys recommended Color Lab at adelphi....Are they good? :dunno: Any comments ?

I observe their nagative print business alone is so good already, they don't bother to lower the 4R digital print price at the moment.

wormz777 said:
You are not the first one. I experience the same shitty service at Konota too and have avoided them since.

I highly recommend 2 labs. One is Beautiful Memories which is just round the corner at Stamford House. Their service has been excellent and price reasonable. I only did a D/O there and they cut thru my pano frames once, but they tried everything to compensate, including scanning at super high res TIFF to recover my cut frames + free a free print. They refused any payment from me at all.

2nd lab is KT which I think is quite well known in CS for their friendly service + low pricing. They are located next to Chinatown Point. If not for their slightly out of the way location, they are really hard to beat.

Where is KT specifically? Pray Tell .... I work around Chinatown point and that would be a good place for me to go develop my pic nearby ;)... anyway, how's their quality?

coca88 said:
Hi reachme2003,

So sorry that it happened to you.

It did happen to me too but its not the exposure but the unusual color prints. But I did protest and eventually they reprinted the few odd color prints for me. But they've made me come back another day to collect them :angry:

Since then , I've avoided that place totally

For me, they adjusted the colour until you tot all my subject is down with Jaundices ;) and when I asked them why did they correct it until like that, their answer is, because she is wearing black colour and black colour very hard to equalise so they correct the colour "a bit" ......

Now, in a photograph, what is more important? The colour of the subject or the skirt she is wearing? ;) ....LOL

I used to develop my films at Konota when they were inside the PP (opp the watch shop). At that time, the service was excellent and being a regular, I could bring my films in and got it developed with 2 hours at no additional charges. Then Konota moved to opp Bata shop. Then suddenly their service dropped. There's this auntie who was quite impatient. I know their volume has increased, but that do not justify their lousy services.

I have now since printed at Fotohub (Suntec City).

blurblock said:
Where is KT specifically? Pray Tell .... I work around Chinatown point and that would be a good place for me to go develop my pic nearby ;)... anyway, how's their quality?

Hmm, blurblock, i work around chinatown point too... would love to know where this KT is, but if i'm not wrong, it's near Fee Fee at Hong Lim Complex fronting cross street, which is where i develop my shots. One of the few places that'll touch Tmax B&Ws...

erm... I might get flamed.. but here goes:
the temperamental boss for konota caters mainly for pro photogs, because they deal in volume and regularly (from his own mouth). My ex colleague gets great stuff from them, cos she's pro and knows him personally (but still not much discount).
the rest of you who are "casual photogs" are not the bulk of his business, just "filler" chai tao along the way.

I frequent Clourlab at The Adelphi, pro service, colour corrects if you want, and pro price! :)

I feel that they may be quite high in printing price, but they have not failed me in the prints as yet.

Fuji machine.

tingchiyen said:
Hmm, blurblock, i work around chinatown point too... would love to know where this KT is, but if i'm not wrong, it's near Fee Fee at Hong Lim Complex fronting cross street, which is where i develop my shots. One of the few places that'll touch Tmax B&Ws...

Just walk further down, after the entrance to the carpark of Hong Lim Complex (few units after the pharmacy, beside a florist). The unit# for KT is #01-06.

yowch said:
I frequent Clourlab at The Adelphi, pro service, colour corrects if you want, and pro price! :)

I feel that they may be quite high in printing price, but they have not failed me in the prints as yet.

Fuji machine.

How much does Colour lab charge for 4R, 8R & super 8R ??

reachme2003 said:
I downloaded my pictures at Konota at their Fuji station yesterday. Afterwhich I was told by a lady who has a red birth mark on her face or neck that by 3pm on the same day the photographs will be ready for collection.

I arrived at 5.15pm to collect. To my disappointment, they were not ready. I was told that to wait 5 minutes more which I agreed. When 5 minutes was up, a young guy with glasses said to me to wait for another 15 minutes. When I turned up 15 minutes later, the prints were ready for me. I discovered that some prints were underexposed. When I asked, she replied it was my images. It appeared to me that nothing can be done by them or they are unwilling to do it. For 50 cents for a 4R print, it is certainly not the run-of-the-mill service I expect.

Please tell me where else can I bring my business to. I am sure there are some other places which deserve my business more.

a frd used to encounter such problem wif konota too.. jus becos they are the king in pp? or wat?
i hate being serve wif attitude.. though everyone says.. konota gd konota gd...
i still frequent my fav. lab till date... the lowest development fee.. and always rush my pics for mi if im in a hurry... and mani freebies.. (lolz).. ive been with them for more than a yr... their service is excellent... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

yowch said:

Fuji machine.
That was my lab of choice, and still is, unless I want the prints immediately, in which case I go Beautiful Memories. I have used Colour Lab for years and they have been very consistent. They did screw up a few 8x12 prints before, but they reprinted for me without charge.

Regards
CK

tbteng said:
How much does Colour lab charge for 4R, 8R & super 8R ??
4R = 40c
5R = $1.50
6R = $3.00
8R = $6, Super 8R around the same (not sure).

Pretty expensive but they have never failed me. These guys are the best lab I've used for portraits. Skin tones are perfect, so we pay a premium.

If you have any questions, the boss Mr. Tay Eng Hock is a friendly and knowledgeable chap to talk to.

sriram said:
4R = 40c
5R = $1.50
6R = $3.00
8R = $6, Super 8R around the same (not sure).

Pretty expensive but they have never failed me. These guys are the best lab I've used for portraits. Skin tones are perfect, so we pay a premium.

If you have any questions, the boss Mr. Tay Eng Hock is a friendly and knowledgeable chap to talk to.

Thanks Sriram,

That's not too bad. Konota charges me 50c per 4R......And they say that is best price....Wah lao ! I'm going to give color lab a try soon...!

seems like i don't really have a prob with konota so far... the boss was there to explain to me why the colours of VC and Reala came out vastly different.

Also, when i went to do up some 8Rs and 8RWs, he found some dust on the negs after printing all the 8Rs... i think there were 6 or 8, that couldn't be removed. so he just told me to wait for a while while his staff scanned the images, PS-ed the dust away and reprinted them for me on the spot.

i'm not sure if this is the norm, but i'm quite happy with their service so far.

hmm.. looks like they see-no-up the digital users.

sux so many complaints must be true, I will never even try it anymore

RuthBaby said:
i jus printed my 10R pic at my fav lab..
frontier machine too

for $5 :D
Woh! That's a good price man. Which lab is this? Where? And how is the quality? How are the colours and colour balance, skin tones etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.