[shawn207] automotive photography

hey thanks :)

yep they are!

anyway, nice shots in your skyline thread. went to australia and loved the number of R32/33/34s rolling around. pity some of them i see are stock and are not very well maintained.

hope to see more of your shots from overseas. pity i dont have a lot of contacts with nice cars though. gonna shoot my friend's mazda 2 sometime this week though!

Thanks for your kind comments! Yes the skylines over here are so plentiful that a lot of them are not maintained at all.

Looking forward to see your Mazda 2 photoshoot!

Matt

hey ur pix are awsome .. one question, how to take the bmw pix like care on movieng like that.??

I like #13!

hey ur pix are awsome .. one question, how to take the bmw pix like care on movieng like that.??

thanks for the comments, but sorry i dun really understand ur question. can rephrase? which bmw pic? :)

Braved the recent rainy afternoons to do a shoot on my friend's Mazda 2. It was nice to just get out my camera and shoot! Here are some shots.

The Mazda 2 can be a really nice car if done up. Cue the Autoexe and Knight Sports examples. Pity much of these parts cant be found in Singapore.

As always, comments and critiques are always welcomed!

5240835019_565957e1c6_z.jpg

15. '08 Mazda 2 (Side profile).

5240824525_cc2006a0af_z.jpg

16. '08 Mazda 2.

5240847463_55aaf89a2a_z.jpg

17. '08 Mazda 2.

thanks for viewing!

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with any of the photos, in fact the angles used is good because it creates a little drama. Perhaps the lighting from an overcast sky puts a dull on these shots, are you using a CPL filter? What lens did you use for these? You should try an f/2.8 lens or faster which will create some nice bokeh effects and try a CPL filter if you don't have one (it will take away the reflections from the windows a bit more and add some contrast).

Continue to use the same location but try different lenses and play around with perspectives of the car instead of the whole car like you have done with your exhibition photos. Exhibitions customise their lighting to add a sense of mood on their exhibits which is why they can look more dramatic in photos.

Hi Shawn,

I like #17 a lot. Other than red being my favourite colour ;p, I think the car really stands out as the main subject and the angle which is shot is pleasing too. Only minor thing is there is a little too much empty space on the left side?

Matt

There's nothing wrong with any of the photos, in fact the angles used is good because it creates a little drama. Perhaps the lighting from an overcast sky puts a dull on these shots, are you using a CPL filter? What lens did you use for these? You should try an f/2.8 lens or faster which will create some nice bokeh effects and try a CPL filter if you don't have one (it will take away the reflections from the windows a bit more and add some contrast).

Continue to use the same location but try different lenses and play around with perspectives of the car instead of the whole car like you have done with your exhibition photos. Exhibitions customise their lighting to add a sense of mood on their exhibits which is why they can look more dramatic in photos.

hey much appreciated for your feedback. i'm currently using a normal zoom lens (18-250mm) without any filter. still learning so not too sure which filters to invest in at the moment. :eek:

just purchased a 35mm f1.8 so will experiment with other angles perhaps with more bokeh. :)

locations wise, i'm still keeping my eyes open for more refreshing areas to shoot at!

thanks!

Hi Shawn,

I like #17 a lot. Other than red being my favourite colour ;p, I think the car really stands out as the main subject and the angle which is shot is pleasing too. Only minor thing is there is a little too much empty space on the left side?

Matt

hey matt,

didnt want to use a square crop so perhaps there might have been a little empty space there. not sure how a square crop would turn out, perhaps i may give it a try.

if i had to nitpick, i think the lamp post coming out from the roof of the car is a tad distracting!

red cars are always lovely. red is my 2nd fav colour for cars, second only to white

my dream is to own a honda integra in championship white haha! :p

5306299009_37b04e3214_z.jpg

18. Red Nissan 350Z, Volk TE-37s.

Nice shots at the BMW World Singapore! I like how the M3 GTS is featured! Most ignorant people I saw at the exhibition didn't even bother to look at that car. Personally, I felt that that was the best car in the show. Apart from the M1 Hommage.

very nice pic on the "fast" beemer.:)

Nice shots at the BMW World Singapore! I like how the M3 GTS is featured! Most ignorant people I saw at the exhibition didn't even bother to look at that car. Personally, I felt that that was the best car in the show. Apart from the M1 Hommage.

haha the m3 gts was the best car there. i think the 130i M-Sport was a bit of a sleeper as well.

A few more new shots.

5330236364_ce9d0e8168_z.jpg

19. Kia Forte Koup. The stock rims really should be changed IMHO.

5330180118_82bb93020e_z.jpg

20. '08 Mazda 2.

5329626673_c5ffe35c7c_z.jpg

21. Mazda Front Grille.

bro, interested in shooting my car?

I am a noob in photography and nvr get good shots on my car.

mine is a blue honda accord euro r

bro, interested in shooting my car?

I am a noob in photography and nvr get good shots on my car.

mine is a blue honda accord euro r

hi, i PMed you already. let me know what u think. :)

Caught this old school and immaculate Mitsubishi FTO parked at my friend's residential estate. Pity most of these gems have been exported or scrapped off already. Well, lets hope these few stay well maintained.

5344888353_d81914ac6c_z.jpg