Sharing of Actual Day Equipment setup?

in wedding photography, the primary factor customers will chose a photographer is because they can click with him/her, secondly is impress by his/her works. If photographers willing work hard on these two areas, pricing is no longer a competition among his/her peers.

when wedding couples shopping for wedding photographers base on price factors, there is only two reasons,
#1, the have no experience and knowledge on wedding photography and not sure how much it should cost?
#2, they are buying photographic papers with their image on it, and working hours of the photographer.

so you see how to address these two issues to win customers like them.

Agree with you on your views. Just to share my experience with the potential clients I meet nowadays

60-70% of my clients are from referrals. They either have gotten some feedback from friends or relatives or from my ex-clients on my service or have witness how I shoot an AD. So I guess the first impression is established. 2nd is when we have our first meet up and through the conversation on whether we can click. Third is showing them my portfolio which will just affirm their decision in choosing me. So I guess the percentage on referrals are like this

First impression - 30%
Click factor -20%
Portfolio - 30%
misc - 10%
price - 10%

As for new customers they will look at my portfolio (40%) and pricing(30%) first. Only when these two are within their expectations then the deciding factor is during meeting to determine if we click (20%). the other 10% is on misc questions like asking me what equipment I use.

I will never share my equipment!! ;(

:bsmilie:

Price is usually not a factor when client agree to meetup with you. I guess 80% is on the important of portfolio, while 20% on whether the client like you ..

I seldom have client asking the equipment i used, those who ask and emphasis on it, usually i will tell them frank in the face that they should find someone richer to own all those equipment .. I guess i am offended by these people who are just idiot abt what wedding photography is all abt, more than often, they will complain a lot of other stuff too .. (narrow minded ppl who pay peanut and expect a mountain) ..

Well that, just me ..

to be very frank,
when ones put faith on the gear more than self, ones works will not progress beyond that point,
ones will keep searching better and more gears to compensate what he/she's lacking,
only when he/she starts build on his/her craft than his /her gear, the truth progress begins.

well said!

Anson said:
Yeah lor.. want to borrow your camera also dun let.. :(

I need my phone to be with me all the time. :bsmilie:

Thanks for highlighting that Benjamin. Guess I have not been following CS closely as usual other than coming here for B&S reasons. As what you have mentioned, I'm just surprised that there are people using D3 to shoot a $500-$600 wedding. I'm just wondering how soon do they want to break even before starting to generate revenue.

Brother, they already upgraded to D4 to shoot $600 weddings.

They must be doing something right... hmmm.

Brother, they already upgraded to D4 to shoot $600 weddings.

They must be doing something right... hmmm.

u sure? so far the most crazy thing i saw is 5D for $400 wedding... but then it is his only camera ..