Share Some RF Shots 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
newghost said:
As for Jon's group shot at the bar, I certainly don't think its about having a dislike for anybody. Look at the low lighting, iso400 film, at f1.2 its probably 1/30. What do you do?

Two ways, get them to squeeze into the DOF or shoot with a smaller aperture and use whatever furniture I can find and turn it into a makeshift monopod. I've even removed my shoelace, tied it to my strap lugs and used it as a stabiliser before. What would you do?

Ok you and Pikapig mentioned etiquette and respect, how about that in street photography? ie. shooting complete strangers with flash at night

jonmanjiro said:
"It's quite obvious that it's flash." is a clear understandable statement.

"Cool?" means something along the lines "Got it?" or "Do you understand?"

If your intended meaning is different, as your comment "It's not an answer, but there's a question at the end" seems to indicate, then you have failed to convey that meaning. Failing to convey your intended meaning equals poor use of English. Simple as that.

To me, pixelbrain's use of flash was obvious in some, but not all the photos he posted. If I didn't think so, I wouldn't have ask the question in the first place.

Now, if you want to write like a seven year old in LOL speak or whatever the latest fad is go right ahead, but don't expect everyone to understand you.

"It's quite obvious that it's flash." is a clear understandable statement

It is a statement, not an answer.

"Cool?" means something along the lines "Got it?" or "Do you understand?"

Nope. I should have said "Is using flash cool?".

85DD7E36-2046-48A9-9329-B4D706E09A33-25421-000014488F237BCC.jpg

Canonet, Ultrafine

Pretty sure Jon didn't intentionally left the guy in the front OOF. With space constraints in the little bar and low lighting conditions, I think its really difficult to get all the faces sharp even with their faces sticking to each other if shot at f1.2 or 1.4. It will not be nice to move everyone if they have already settled comfortably.

Unless being present in the situation, it is not fair to criticize on something you don't know about. Just my 2cts. Internet thugs make me pee in my pants.

In the back at the left is Bellamy (a.k.a. JapanCameraHunter). A great guy. You can check his website here: Japan Camera Hunter | Find the camera of your dreams

Next to him on the right is Georg from Berlin. He's the main guest of the night. Despite being half Japanese he was visiting Japan for the first time.

Next to Georg on the right is Benny, who's originally from Singapore but now living in Tokyo. Many of the old timers here will know him. A really nice guy with an impressive collection of Leica and Canon RF gear.

Closest to the camera and unfortunately out of focus is Ming. He has a Leica camera store in Hong Kong and is also a really nice guy. His website is here: C9.99

I took the photo for Georg, so focused further back. Unfortunately Ming is not in focus due to limited DOF. Nothing I could do. I could only get one shot off and was already at the limit of hand holdability. Its got nothing to do with not liking the guy, and think its ridiculous anyone would even think that.

7854578964_694e1d73e7_c.jpg

Ok you and Pikapig mentioned etiquette and respect, how about that in street photography? ie. shooting complete strangers with flash at night

Sorry i seldom comment on other's pic unless i think its nice...everyone has their own style thou i might not agree about the shooting style...i guess others also might not have agreed with mine...so in a way, i seldom correct them on the pictures(Unless the person specifically ask for comments or improvement areas)...afterall i may be shooting crap as well..

Actually its just a hobby, everyone is just sharing what they think is nice...so no point to get real personal and serious about all these issues....

Let's stop here and move on?

virtualme78 said:
Unless being present in the situation, it is not fair to criticize on something you don't know about. Just my 2cts. Internet thugs make me pee in my pants.

The guy who said STFU just because he over interpret a one word question "Cool?"

Let's keep it civil here guys.

IMO I believe etiquette and respect is not just about shooting style, but what happens before, during, and after the picture was taken.

guys... ths thread has gotten too interesting, but for the wrong reasons.

some of the CSers have tried to guide the thread back to the "spirit" of sharing RF pics... and i thank them for trying to do so. civil comments, clarifying questions on photos shared is fine, but again, in the spirit of learning and sharing... and not antagonizing and trolling...

in summary, the use of both "4 letter word and acronym" in question are not nec appreciated here, and i don't want to get into who started it. we have all sorts here in the RF forum, and all are welcomed... but pls come with some etiquette and respect.

let's pls move on from here...

RD1s + Color skopar 35f2.5

Picture blur but i like the moment

4621212623_0841860b7d_z.jpg

Cactus jACK said:
guys... ths thread has gotten too interesting, but for the wrong reasons.

some of the CSers have tried to guide the thread back to the "spirit" of sharing RF pics... and i thank them for trying to do so. civil comments, clarifying questions on photos shared is fine, but again, in the spirit of learning and sharing... and not antagonizing and trolling...

in summary, the use of both "4 letter word and acronym" in question are not nec appreciated here, and i don't want to get into who started it. we have all sorts here in the RF forum, and all are welcomed... but pls come with some etiquette and respect.

let's pls move on from here...

Sorry about that. I've always stuck to the topic of photography (use of flash, etiquette and respect in street photography, DOF in group photo and even shared tips to NG on how to shoot in that situation which I sincerely hope others can apply if they need to), nothing about English or anything else. Will leave it here.

img058.jpg

C35, Acros +2

the three stooges

7880731470_5df58ed389_b_d.jpg

Two ways, get them to squeeze into the DOF or shoot with a smaller aperture and use whatever furniture I can find and turn it into a makeshift monopod. I've even removed my shoelace, tied it to my strap lugs and used it as a stabiliser before. What would you do?

Fair enough said.

I mentioned about basic NET etiquette, absolutely no correlation to what I'm doing with street photography and nothing to argue there... will stop here, let's move on with sharing more pics!

Moderator finally back from fotokina! :p

Its got nothing to do with not liking the guy, and think its ridiculous anyone would even think that.

:bsmilie: lol, it has never crossed my mind to bokeh hate someone into oblivion. cropping is way easier ;p

Last edited:
Woo hoo... Back to the topic.

Long time no shoot, so here's some odd shots taken sometime back.

REST...

5980893442_9fb09b30a1_b.jpg

5980894690_d0b0bf388d_b.jpg

5984501356_ea47139610_b.jpg

5984507432_464d4be8bd_b.jpg

5980901480_cee7359aba_b.jpg

Last edited:
TAKE FLIGHT...

5980899216_62a75bae4e_b.jpg

Last edited:
Woo hoo... Back to the topic.

Long time no shoot, so here's some odd shots taken sometime back.

REST...

Good to see you back bro! :)

Thanks for the photo shared. Looks like I must explore street photography... :)

Continue from "The day with a M9":

7930605928_f0670d4517_b.jpg

7930607050_b7bf3b631a_b.jpg

7930607942_d7e83c37ee_b.jpg

7930609064_5c60b97610_b.jpg

7930611668_4ca2739ede_b.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

i think the colours are really nice. really well done =)

FOR DISPLAY ONLY !!!

8003924316_7b03da96d7_b.jpg

M2 + 21mm
Neopan SS

Status
Not open for further replies.