Shanghai hotel recommendations for F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

taiwanapurasteve

Dec 8, 2004
Taipei
I'm heading to the F1 China Grand Prix. Anyone else heading up there too? Anyway, I'm looking for hotel recommendations that are near the track. I've never been to Shanghai, so I know very little about the city, transportation, or the best places to stay. I've done some reading online, but would like your input as to the best places to stay. From my first searches it looks like a pricey city, so I will budget around $300/nt.

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers!

singapurasteve said:
I'm heading to the F1 China Grand Prix. Anyone else heading up there too? Anyway, I'm looking for hotel recommendations that are near the track. I've never been to Shanghai, so I know very little about the city, transportation, or the best places to stay. I've done some reading online, but would like your input as to the best places to stay. From my first searches it looks like a pricey city, so I will budget around $300/nt.

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers!

Hi , let me know where the track is, I might be able to help. I stayed in SH b4. there is this hotel chain which provide quite good rates. $35 a night. room comes with TV, Mineral water dispense, free broad band, personal bathroom. The hotel chain is here: http://www.homeinns.com/english/ . for camera stuff check out GUAN LONG BAI HUO, 3rd level. Cam heaven! Take the subyway line LINE 1 to shanghai railway station stop. Exit 4. After u come out of the exit, turn right. u will see a small mac donald. u r there. Wish i was back in SH man.

Thanks Stnicholas. :thumbsup: That's good info and a great price on a hotel. I'll check into their availability for the race weekend. Thanks for the heads up on the camera shops too.

By the map posted here, China F1 map, it looks like the track is in the north end of the city. Will there be hotels in that area?

Thanks.

btw - I was just reading your blog on your experiences in Shanghai. Well written and very informative. I can't wait to get on the mag-lev line... 450kph! :bigeyes: Unfortunately, I'll only be in the city for one night. :angry: My wife won't be joining me on this trip, but she is determined to go with me at a later date for some shopping. I've heard it is a shopper's paradise. She can buy the clothes and bags, while I'm camera shopping. :thumbsup:

singapurasteve said:
btw - I was just reading your blog on your experiences in Shanghai. Well written and very informative. I can't wait to get on the mag-lev line... 450kph! :bigeyes: Unfortunately, I'll only be in the city for one night. :angry: My wife won't be joining me on this trip, but she is determined to go with me at a later date for some shopping. I've heard it is a shopper's paradise. She can buy the clothes and bags, while I'm camera shopping. :thumbsup:

Shooping paradise? Kekeke, those imports goods might be as expensive as in Singapore or even more ex. ;)

singapurasteve said:

Shopping paradise for non original stuff. My shanghainese friend told me this, nothing is original there, treat as if everything is pirated. Make sure u visit xiang yang market, happening place. Take line 2 (red) to shan xi nan lu subway station. its quite ez to find ur way there. Ilford film are cheaper in SH too.. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.