SGTrekker 2D1N Batam Photography Excursion (25-26 June '11)

MISCELLANEOUS

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen.
It was a short trip. Certainly short, but very nice.
The company was extremely good and we enjoyed the shootings and the food.
To all our fellow travelmates who have some more photos of the trip to post, do share with all of us here.
No need to follow any sequence or any chronological order.
Looking forward to more shots! Come, come, come!

limwhow: Thanks for the write-up.

Yup, another perfect travelogue :)

Thanks for sharing... I can feel that all of you enjoyed this trip by looking at the photos

Sorry for the late reply! NikF601, thank you so much for coming on board.
Yes we all did enjoy ourselves crazy.. as always, with SgTrekker... life can be a little tough, but always enjoyable!

Thanks!! =) Your photos are very lovely and I'm now inspired to carry all the gear that you carry! =)

Cheers
Jinny
jtan4, haha... thank you so much! I guess it comes with a price - bodyache, backache, tired... after a whole day of carrying all those stupid equipment.
The more experience shooters around me have been hum-tum-ing me to lessen my load, to strip down my equipment to bare minimal... which I am trying to learn to do so.

sunset
..... I think it was the sound of our clicking of camera that is gaining all the attraction.
imagine the sound --- like machine guns llike that.. how many frames per second??? it sounded so nice suddenly

5884901226_38c56ecb34.jpg
Nice shot, Lydialee! And what you said was very true. Cos suddenly the peace of the village was broken by a series of machine gun noise from this group of photographers all lined up along the platform... Kekekeke...

last few IR pics to share ...

morning shoot
5888127962_1def20ae18.jpg

Swee! I still remember this scene when we were all walking up from the seaside back to the minibus.

thank you Wee How for the excellent write up and record shots.. hope to see many of you again in the next trip..

No I should thank you for sharing with us your shots! Certainly, SereneXMM and I look forward to more trips with you and all!

Thumbs up from me too Dr, Limwhow. at least we know more about Batam.

Kam Sia, Divinemoment, Kam Sia!

V I D E O

LOL... just to complete the whole picture, some record candid videos for us to remember the trip by...

On board the coach - Group 1
Here, right after getting off the ferry at Batam Centre Jetty, we boarded our bus with David talking to us about taking care of our valuables and also about certain food that can be eaten, and certain that cannot be eaten.

[video=youtube;jN_Nd-d_mEc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN_Nd-d_mEc[/video]

On board the motorised sampan to Belakang Padang
It was a short sampan journey to the island. Still, it was an exhilarating experience for me. The sea water kept splashing onto us, our faces and our camera equipment. Melvin and David are in good spirit!

[video=youtube;TjIITdnj3Ks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjIITdnj3Ks[/video]

On our way back from Belakang Padang
The sky has darkened. And we were sailing back on the sampan, back towards Sekupang Jetty.

[video=youtube;BuGPQeyNyMo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuGPQeyNyMo[/video]

So what gps devices do you use? All seems great. Here is one I just read.
I read a lot gps solution now, http://www.pixiq.com/article/geotag-your-nikon-photos-with-affordable-gps

I use a dedicated GPS device called Garmin Oregon 450.
The in-camera GPS devices that are currently available in the market are for plugging into Nikon cameras.
As I am using Canon, I don't have this luxury.

Most have a top-down angle but yours isn't. Can I know what is the difference in the vantage point you have chosen from the rest ?

Most have a top-down angle but yours isn't. Can I know what is the difference in the vantage point you have chosen from the rest ?

Hi SK1968,

Very simple. I was sitting away from the rest.

Hi SK1968,

Very simple. I was sitting away from the rest.

haha, that i can tell. i was trying to ask where were you...like were you on the ground, or on another boat. was the place easy or safe to be at, etc. i am going there in sep with sgtrekker...if the same scene comes upon us then i would very much like to assume the position you had taken so i am doing some homework now :)

haha, that i can tell. i was trying to ask where were you...like were you on the ground, or on another boat. was the place easy or safe to be at, etc. i am going there in sep with sgtrekker...if the same scene comes upon us then i would very much like to assume the position you had taken so i am doing some homework now :)

Oh, Adrian and Melvin say they aim to bring each group to a different fishing village with different flavours for every trip.
So when it comes to your turn, you might end up in another different fishing village on another different island!

Oh, Adrian and Melvin say they aim to bring each group to a different fishing village with different flavours for every trip.
So when it comes to your turn, you might end up in another different fishing village on another different island!

Hi SK1968,

The rest of the group were located in front of the fisherman whereas I was sitting adjacent to the rest of the group. It was because I came back late that's why all the good spots chosen already. I was already at a lower angle compared with the group and to get the angle you saw, I basically zoomed in tightly.

If I can be my own critic, the picture is actually total crap and not convincing as the background of stilts and houses gives it away/spoils the picture. One look and you know it is a posed shot. If you compare with the rest of the master photographers on the trip, they knew the best angles and chose the setting sun as a good background. Punishment for me being late.

As SG Trekers will likely bringing you to a different place next trip, hope you can find your shot that you want when you go.

I see. So doing home work before the trip doesn't help in turning out good photos :)

Hi SK1968,

The rest of the group were located in front of the fisherman whereas I was sitting adjacent to the rest of the group. It was because I came back late that's why all the good spots chosen already. I was already at a lower angle compared with the group and to get the angle you saw, I basically zoomed in tightly.

If I can be my own critic, the picture is actually total crap and not convincing as the background of stilts and houses gives it away/spoils the picture. One look and you know it is a posed shot. If you compare with the rest of the master photographers on the trip, they knew the best angles and chose the setting sun as a good background. Punishment for me being late.

As SG Trekers will likely bringing you to a different place next trip, hope you can find your shot that you want when you go.

Ah, I was wondering if it was possible to move to the right of where you were. Actually I find your vertical position with respect to the fisherman ok but would be better, just as you have mentioned, include more of the background+setting Sun. No offence to the other masters.

The Village Chief
(by Dorothy) :bsmilie:

5921723296_8d332275bd_b_d.jpg