Settings for FZ5 at a Autograph Session

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heloz again guys...
Using Shutter mode: 1/60 and ISO of 200 & using flash.
These are some pictures taken in Gigi's autograph session.
Please give me any type of comments on how can i improve cause me has things to learn. ;)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Botakui/P1010172.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Botakui/P1010186.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Botakui/P1010209.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Botakui/P1010203.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Botakui/P1010174.jpg

Have a look CSers n tell me if there is anything wrong with the settings, thank you again :thumbsup:

wah hard to get replies leh here.. :what:

or did i post it in the wrong forum ? :>

A little too underexposed and WB seem to be off leh...

I'm assuming that the position you're in prevented you from getting any shot lower than her waist. Next time should go eariler and "chope" space. In that way, don't need to zoom so much anyway.

You might also want to consider getting an external flash. The internal flash don't seem to be powerful enough. Unseen, you wanna promote your flash? ;)

natnivek said:
A little too underexposed and WB seem to be off leh...

I'm assuming that the position you're in prevented you from getting any shot lower than her waist. Next time should go eariler and "chope" space. In that way, don't need to zoom so much anyway.

You might also want to consider getting an external flash. The internal flash don't seem to be powerful enough. Unseen, you wanna promote your flash? ;)

For the 1st sentence, how can i improve ar :think: ?

Yeah ur rite, i stand quite behind so n many dudes are blocking me with their hands holding their cams held high.

newbiegrapher said:
For the 1st sentence, how can i improve ar :think: ?

Yeah ur rite, i stand quite behind so n many dudes are blocking me with their hands holding their cams held high.

In order to get the white balance right, you may use the custom white balance setting in your camera (rtfm). Point the camera at something that is supposed to be white, for example the blouse. and set the white balance.

P1010172.jpg

As for exposure, you may wish to try using Aperture mode, set to a wider aperture like F4 and below, and then use spot metering and lock the metering on the artistes face.

Your onboard flash is way too weak. consult with unseen on getting a flash bracket and an external slave flash for more juice.

wah how come me and my flash become so "famous".. bleah..
heh anyway for FZ5.. anything more than 3m, the flash is useless.. shouldn't even try..
can try for up to 5m if you use iso400...

alternatively get an external flash with slave mode, or get a flash and buy a slave unit. Heh heard SB800 got slave circuitry.. can always try try..

rhair78 said:
In order to get the white balance right, you may use the custom white balance setting in your camera (rtfm). Point the camera at something that is supposed to be white, for example the blouse. and set the white balance.

P1010172.jpg

As for exposure, you may wish to try using Aperture mode, set to a wider aperture like F4 and below, and then use spot metering and lock the metering on the artistes face.

Your onboard flash is way too weak. consult with unseen on getting a flash bracket and an external slave flash for more juice.

Thanks for explaining for me... :)

To add to what rhair said, you can use custom white balance (This will only work when you are in a situation with even lighting).

Aperture, I'd just say set at f2.8. You've seriously have got nothing to lose. If that fails too, up your exposure. (Can the fz5 do that?)

unseen: SB800 ah? Wah... The flash that you're recommending cost almost as much as the cam he's using... :sweat:

Most importantly, just keep practicing and learn the limits and extent of your cam.

Cheers!

haha i like my emoblitz one fine enough.. 1 set of 2500mah sanyo can last me 3 days of intensive use.. and i dun think it's flat when i send it in to charge..

heh SB800, just a tot lar.. coz since someone mentioned elsewhere that SB800 can be activated by flash alone.. then since it's metering would be alot alot better.. it's highly recommended!!!

natnivek said:
Thanks for explaining for me... :)

To add to what rhair said, you can use custom white balance (This will only work when you are in a situation with even lighting).

Aperture, I'd just say set at f2.8. You've seriously have got nothing to lose. If that fails too, up your exposure. (Can the fz5 do that?)

unseen: SB800 ah? Wah... The flash that you're recommending cost almost as much as the cam he's using... :sweat:

Most importantly, just keep practicing and learn the limits and extent of your cam.

Cheers!

Thanks for the explaination guys, i will try again next time.

wah... the flash so exp ar?
i only a noobie sehz, n wats more dun even have the capital. haha
means if this situation happen again, then i just try the method rhair and nat lor..
btw, sorry for the poor quality of the pics. :confused:
i will try harder again :thumbsup:

get the emoblitz one can liaoz..
$50 new..
it's good enuff

Status
Not open for further replies.