Settings for concert?

Status
Not open for further replies.
since your need high shutter then you'll have to compromise aperture and asa....

watch the stage lighting too to when is best to click the shutter.. shoot raw under and correct it later.. or even use tv mode..

Seriously consider buying a 50mm f/1.8, it's invulnerable in most cases. I did some concert photography with that. Not bad at all.

If you can't afford a 50mm, then just use your kit lens and ISO3200 lor! Been there and done that with that set up. It works very well.

Go here and see the magic. http://www.flickr.com/photos/uzzy/tags/music/

Just shot a concert few weeks ago, and if i didnt bring my 50mm I would have literally been screwed. You will need a shutter speed of around 1/20 otherwise no point shooting. The lighting was really bad on our shoot, ended up at ISO 800 f/2 and around 1/15-1/150. Lighting jumped around a hell of alot.

My favourite mix is low lighting and fast movement like a ballet. That is really jialat :cry:

If you can't flash, then try to pump ISO, open aperature and pray object stays still :(

+evenstar said:
there is no recommended shutter speed. every concert lighting is different.

i think at this time of the year he's asking this question..... probably we can regard the 'concert' as 7th month 'ko tai' lor...... “七月歌台”..... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.