Status
Not open for further replies.

chengwei

Mar 13, 2004
digged out my father's Yashica Electro 35 GSN
and its condition its not really that optimum now

the viewfinder is blurred...and who knows wat else is wrong
no battery, no film, so cant test it now

read up on how to clean/repair it...but seems troublesome.

any guys here know how to clean/repair or recommend? :D

have u repair before?

wats the pricing like?? :eek:

not sure about camera hospital but i think i enquired at tcw before.. it was around 60-80..

Camera Repair places you can try...

1) Prime Camera Centre, Peninsula Plaza #01-15, Andrew 63347581;
2) P&G Photographic Centre, The Adelphi #B1-04, David 68370696;
3) Ron's Camera, The Adelphi #B1-31, Ron 63387131;
4) Cam.X: Camera Exchange & Repair, Peninsula Htl #01-20, Nick 63391232;
5) The Camera Workshop, Peninsula Htl #01-31, Don 63361956;

These are some I frequently visit for Buy/Sell & repairs.

The battery for Yashica Electro 35 GSN is no longer available. Have to use a combination of 1x123 + 1x625 types. This info given to me by Prime Camera.

SimonGoh said:
Camera Repair places you can try...

1) Prime Camera Centre, Peninsula Plaza #01-15, Andrew 63347581;
2) P&G Photographic Centre, The Adelphi #B1-04, David 68370696;
3) Ron's Camera, The Adelphi #B1-31, Ron 63387131;
4) Cam.X: Camera Exchange & Repair, Peninsula Htl #01-20, Nick 63391232;
5) The Camera Workshop, Peninsula Htl #01-31, Don 63361956;

These are some I frequently visit for Buy/Sell & repairs.

The battery for Yashica Electro 35 GSN is no longer available. Have to use a combination of 1x123 + 1x625 types. This info given to me by Prime Camera.
there's a shop at the same level as cathay photo in penin that sells gsn's batts...dunno if they have stock or not...unfriendly uncle selling batts at $15...the shop is near to the toilet area at the back. in frt of the shop are the lifts.

CamX repaired my gsn for abt $50-60...for a complete overhaul.

haha.. i know that shop near the toliet... ya, the uncle very unfriendly...... but whats the point of getting those batteries, you can easily replace them with newer ones...
argh cant find the webpage, do some research, someone made it and post the pic online, replacing the old battery with the very common *small battery...

leeter said:
haha.. i know that shop near the toliet... ya, the uncle very unfriendly...... but whats the point of getting those batteries, you can easily replace them with newer ones...
argh cant find the webpage, do some research, someone made it and post the pic online, replacing the old battery with the very common *small battery...
you'll need you of those small batts...forgot what model liao...the webby you wanted is called the yashicaguy...

Give u all a cheapo and easy trick:
Go find a 6v 28A or 4LR44 which is exactly the replacement for 4 x LR44 1.5v batteries. Cannot find? get 4 pieces of LR44 find some 1 cent coins (copper) and fill/make up the missing space/height in the battery compartment. Pretty.
If u find the the batt. too thin, wrap some paper on them (wrap the 4 x LR44 together lah). This will make it 6v so the meter is accurate, also the Yashica got built in voltage regulator even yr voltage is off.

leeter said:

I agree that the uncle is very unfriendly, I had experienced it myself. Dun ever buy from them!!! :thumbsd:

Mustafa got 4LR44, they also have silver oxide SR44 and SR43 at $3 a piece. The LR44 is $0.80 maxwell brand, sound cheap is it? How much is the regular LR44? $2+ for 2 pieces?

ooo

thx for all the helpful replies :D

will be doing these after exams though :confused:

Hi khairi, wat happened to your GSN? I need to know whether my repair cost will be the same. It seems that the my shutter will not fire.

LeeTL said:
Hi khairi, wat happened to your GSN? I need to know whether my repair cost will be the same. It seems that the my shutter will not fire.
hope to hear that your gsn is working :D have fun with it if it is repairable ya.

Yupz~ haha... just backed... hope u guys can get ur camera working.... mine, i test shoots some at my chalet... haven taken finish a film !! haha... saving them !! :)

leeter said:

this is the url ;) http://www.yashica-guy.com/document/battery.html
I did my repair at TCW for $60 I think.
The 1 cent coins method work like a charm for me :thumbsup:

hello, Rudy here. I serviced my electro 35 GSN at Cam X peninsula plaza (the same building that you find the camera workshop and ruby photo). professional handling, and very reasonable rate. they even offer battery modification for a low S$10 (to accept 4LR44 6V batt).

whoelse said:
Mustafa got 4LR44, they also have silver oxide SR44 and SR43 at $3 a piece. The LR44 is $0.80 maxwell brand, sound cheap is it? How much is the regular LR44? $2+ for 2 pieces?

ruby photo selling SOny 4LR44 at $3.50 each

Status
Not open for further replies.