Serene in Cheong Sam

wildcat

Sep 8, 2004
Bedok
Sharing some pictures of Serene in cheong sam.

DSC_6127.jpg

DSC_6109.jpg

DSC_6063.jpg

DSC_6069.jpg

the shoe abit weird

Some close up shots
DSC_6042.jpg

DSC_6095.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

nice lighting on the model, although this outdoor shoot could be a challenge in itself in search of more directional lighting in order to enhance her facial features. but the background is just too distracting and composition isn't anything out of the ordinary. nothing that wows the viewer. if you were shooting with a large aperture lens, you could have made use of it better.

Last edited:
nice lighting on the model, although this outdoor shoot could be a challenge in itself in search of more directional lighting in order to enhance her facial features. but the background is just too distracting and composition isn't anything out of the ordinary. nothing that wows the viewer. if you were shooting with a large aperture lens, you could have made use of it better.

Thanks for the comments :)

Some additional non-cheong sam shots.

DSC_6307.jpg

DSC_6303.jpg

DSC_6320.jpg

DSC_6332.jpg

DSC_6335.jpg

DSC_6329.jpg

#13 has quite good potential
Just that it could be better if she was in cheongsam and showing more of the the top body.

#13 has quite good potential
Just that it could be better if she was in cheongsam and showing more of the the top body.

Okay, noted. Thanks. I did a crop of the rest of the body because the tree leaves ended where the picture ended, and I find it looked better this way (than showing the rest of body).

Of course, if I were taller :cry: then tree leaves will be lower, allowing me to take the shot you mentioned with a differently angled shot. :)

i dunno do you feel that or not but since your model and the setting is so oriental chinese, don't you think your model should be having dark hair having less western elements like high heels, stocking etc?

Your overall photography technical settings like background, exposure, composition etc seems good just that the feel I get from the photo has a lot of clashing in terms of theme.

Just my neng chiam ;)

i dunno do you feel that or not but since your model and the setting is so oriental chinese, don't you think your model should be having dark hair having less western elements like high heels, stocking etc?

Your overall photography technical settings like background, exposure, composition etc seems good just that the feel I get from the photo has a lot of clashing in terms of theme.

Just my neng chiam ;)

Thanks. This is my third shoot (and most likely last) shoot. The first was where I struggled most with focusing issues, exposure problems, no time to even breathe so dun even need to talk about composing pix, testing out so many types of post-processing, etc. Second shoot was better in that I learnt many things from the first, but still struggling with focusing (now front, instead of back), expose incorrectly (but bit better, and also know about ND filters now..), again no time to breathe but trying to think of compo. I know I'm still far far far away with my skills but I was relatively happy with this shoot. Lens didn't give any problem so I could focus on snap snap, picturing things, also less photographers at shoot and not so kan cheong. My skills in judging exposure has improved tremendously coz instead of getting wildly far off burnt or underexposed pix, I was getting close to what I see/want. End up I took only 1/3 the number of pix of my 1st photoshoot (which I took over 1000 shots) but had more to work with :)

Things like model hair.. well I tried B&W, but it just comes out worse coz light hair -> white colour in B&W :bsmilie: we work with what we have lar.. thanks for sharing. I am happy to listen to criticism on my photos (especially composition and exposures) but for model, my kungfu not at level where I can change those things yet. Heh.

Keke...alamak, you never tell the model to kiss it... ^^

#9 #10 #11 #12 are good!

Haha. Good idea. Never thought of that... but I have one from another model holding hands with terracotta warrior. Will share that once I have completed PP.

Last edited: