Sentosa Sunset

Status
Not open for further replies.

jOhO

Apr 20, 2003
Singapore
www.expressivelyjoho.com
Looks like alot of pple took pics yesterday. Excellent sky and weather huh?

sunset1.jpg

sunset3.jpg

sunset2.jpg

Originally posted by iceman
siloso beach ??
yeap.. i think so ahhaha.. i was playing beach volleyball at sunset bay then kept walking, should reach siloso beach already i guess? or sunset bay IS in siloso beach? eheh i never really get names right since i only ever go to sentosa to play volleyball and it's there. :dunno:

can see rasa singapore at extreme end, right??
if so, yes.

like the 4th pix.

Originally posted by iceman
can see rasa singapore at extreme end, right??
if so, yes.

like the 4th pix.
thanx man..

just wondering why the sun wasn't round. hehehe :dunno:

Originally posted by Fred
Nice series .... I like the "couple couple" one. :cool:
heh yeah i was like running after them to get a few shots, this one turned out best, with the sun's reflections infront of them (quite a cliche shot i guess)

lucky they didn't notice a goondoo running alongside them trying to take voyueristic pics of them. :devil: :bsmilie:

Well done Joho. :) Good effort.

Nonetheless, thete are a few nits, mainly picture softness (slight or is it my eyes?) as well as the composition being, in your own words, cliche but it still doesn't take anything away from you.

These were really good shots with great colours.

Keep shooting. :)

hey jOhO,

very nice 'postcard-material' pics there :) :thumbsup:
.. so how's the low-light thing?? ever tried it yet?? (bit OT)

hey marx, thanx!

yeah i kinda tried fiddling with it but unfortunately couldn't really tell. tried to focus on a dark area (low contrast) with my old settings and with ur settings but seem to work about the same. sometimes can focus sometimes cannot.

is there a theory behind why spot metering without focus confirmation etc will make the camera "work faster"?

think the couple pic is veri nice....
u shld have let them noe that u have taken pics...and offer to send it to them mah...
i believe that they will like it a lot.

teh couple one was great! brought back some memories man...
:thumbsup:
can share wat settings u used for the shots esp where u metered on and wat sort of metering..
somehow my sun pics always over or under

hey dehuis,

actually i just "argar" the setting (using manual mode) and prior to that shot i'd already managed to get the settings "right". i didn't really meter off anything, just snapped a couple of shots, review it on the LCD, and adjusted (shutter or aperture) accordingly. so when this shot present itself i just snapped away!

i guess this doesn't really help if u use a film camera, becos u can't "review" ur shots on the LCD. i guess if i was using a film camera i'd meter off the water, since i intended to have a silhouetted foreground anyway. i dunno seems metering off water gives heaps of problems eh? dunno man, maybe an expert can explain abit? :dunno:

i'll go search for the exact settings for this shot when i get back, kinda in a rush to meet a fren for lunch now! tataz~~ ;)

hi joho
thks so much. yes..i am using film=) no..i should not convert althot in this case, i see the benefits of digital=)
thks for looking it up.. no hurry... shall see how my latest sunset came out and post them

Hey dehuis,

sunsetcouple.jpg

the info saved by the cam for the above pic is:
no editing for this pic. just pure resize. not even cropping.

DSCN4178.JPG
CAMERA : E5700V1.1
METERING : MATRIX
MODE : M
SHUTTER : 1/1000sec
APERTURE : F4.2
EXP +/- : 0.0
FOCAL LENGTH : f71.2mm(X1.0)
IMG ADJUST : AUTO
SENSITIVITY : ISO100
WHITEBAL : AUTO
SHARPNESS : AUTO