Sentosa Images


Status
Not open for further replies.

Witness

Senior Member
Mar 18, 2004
6,942
0
36
36
www.maverickatwork.com
1st and 2nd...perhaps can straighten the horizon a little for better visual impact??
 

nickmak

Senior Member
Apr 16, 2004
2,358
0
0
34
London, UK
www.pbase.com
#1 works nice

#2 The shot is really good, but IMHO the boats are a wee bit oversaturated

#3 Are the chairs really blue?

Overall these are really nice shots!
 

geoyip

New Member
Mar 29, 2004
977
0
0
www.activemediastudio.com
Witness said:
1st and 2nd...perhaps can straighten the horizon a little for better visual impact??
How could i have miss the slanting horizon ... i must be blind :cool:

Thanks Witness for pointing out :) honestly, i did not realize it until u mention it
 

geoyip

New Member
Mar 29, 2004
977
0
0
www.activemediastudio.com
nickmak said:
#1 works nice

#2 The shot is really good, but IMHO the boats are a wee bit oversaturated

#3 Are the chairs really blue?

Overall these are really nice shots!
Thanks Nickmak for the comments :)

Think i'll need to tone done saturation for #2

For #3 - No, i think the blue cast was partly due to the saturation in PS. Gosh need to be more careful. Thanks for pointing out :)
 

raydance

New Member
Jul 17, 2004
34
0
0
#2 is great, but yes the saturation is a bit much on the boats.
 

jbma

Senior Member
Dec 28, 2003
3,287
0
0
Tampines
I like #2 but go easy on the saturation
 

melnjes

Senior Member
Aug 12, 2003
1,200
1
38
Very nice pics :) :thumbsup: They do look oversharpened though, especially for pics #1 and #2. The sky in pic #3 looks very surreal.
 

D2Hpeter

New Member
Dec 20, 2003
212
0
0
58
Visit site
geoyip said:
How could i have miss the slanting horizon ... i must be blind :cool:

Thanks Witness for pointing out :) honestly, i did not realize it until u mention it
imho, it is just pure optical illusion. If u were to use a ruler to measure, both side are about equal distance from bottom of pic. I hv encountered this phenomenon before.
 

geoyip

New Member
Mar 29, 2004
977
0
0
www.activemediastudio.com
D2Hpeter said:
imho, it is just pure optical illusion. If u were to use a ruler to measure, both side are about equal distance from bottom of pic. I hv encountered this phenomenon before.
Not sure about the optical illusion, but for pic 1 n 2, can see the sea level / horizon is slanted towards clockwise direction as Witness has pointed out, me need to be more alert next time :)
 

ricleo

Senior Member
Mar 13, 2004
6,614
30
48
Eastern Singapore
I like number 3 :)

For 1 and 2, seems that the skies in between the leaves of the coconut tree was left out in your saturation Psing. So a little unatural, but i do like the colour of the skies :) Boats wise, ditto with the rest.
 

melnjes

Senior Member
Aug 12, 2003
1,200
1
38
ricleo, what you noticed in pics #1 and #2 is probably due to over-unsharp masking.
 

geoyip

New Member
Mar 29, 2004
977
0
0
www.activemediastudio.com
ricleo said:
I like number 3 :)

For 1 and 2, seems that the skies in between the leaves of the coconut tree was left out in your saturation Psing. So a little unatural, but i do like the colour of the skies :) Boats wise, ditto with the rest.
Thanks Ricleo for the feedback :)

As to the pics 1 n 2, its due to the over USM when PS'ing as melnjes pointed out. Guess its becoz original pics were way under expose hence results in artifacts when USM'ing :(
 

Status
Not open for further replies.