Sensor Cleaning at Sony Service Centre

snowc

Jan 8, 2006
Hi, have anyone brought their camera to SSC for sensor cleaning? Just found that there are a few stubborn dust on my nex-5 sensor. I have already tried blowing the sensor and even wet-cleaning but the spots still remains. Would like to know if I need to pay for the cleaning and how much?

Hi Rashkae, thanks for your help. Can you still recall when did you brought in your DSLR for cleaning? Actually, I have a friend who brought his A55 in for repair recently. When he got his camera back, he found that his camera having some focusing issue.

Aaaah, the last time was about 2 years ago.

I brought my dslr in for sensor cleaning like oct last year. I was charged like 40+

i brought my dslr to ssc before and its free of charge as long as there is still warranty

i brought my dslr to ssc before and its free of charge as long as there is still warranty

I concur with Kelvin. Its free of charge if within warranty. Just take note that the cleaning will take a few days to do so.

I concur with Kelvin. Its free of charge if within warranty. Just take note that the cleaning will take a few days to do so.

Do we need to show/prove that its dirty or we can just send in for routine cleaning?

Do we need to show/prove that its dirty or we can just send in for routine cleaning?

What i did was to take pictures and show them where the dust is. I only send it in when the dust got in the way of the pictures. I didnt try any routine cleaning when my camera is alright as the camera will have to be away for awhile.

There is no need for "routine cleaning". It's not a car engine where you need to change oil. Only bring it in if there's really a need to or you cannot dislodge the dust with the standard methods.

I sent my a900 for routine sensor cleaning and calibration, thru IMM Sony Center, about 2 months ago. Quite surprised they only charged me "handling fee" of less than $10 (can't remember the actual amount).

This was the 1st service after my warranty has expired, which was back in late 2009, so dunno why they did it for "free". I even requested the counter staff to patch me to the technician, just to check they really did the job, and he (the technician) assured me he did. In addition, my settings are all jumbled up upon return, so apparently, they did do a thorough check and calibration. The inner part of the body did look cleaner too...

Was about to ask this question about sensor cleaning and i found this thread. I just realized today that my sensor is sooooooo dirty! Omg. should bring it in.

Hi Guys, thanks for all your feedback. Will send in my Nex-5 for cleaning tomorrow.

Why not clean the sensor yourself? Especially on the NEX it's very easy

SSC for cleaning is big NO NO, i sent mine, brought back just to find more dust on the sensor!
Staff not friendly also, maybe due to my Alpha still under warranty...

SSC for cleaning is big NO NO, i sent mine, brought back just to find more dust on the sensor!
Staff not friendly also, maybe due to my Alpha still under warranty...

Hmm... They've always been very friendlyfrom what I've experienced. Did you brinf to SSC or a Sonystyle?

Why not clean the sensor yourself? Especially on the NEX it's very easy

Hi Rashkae, i have already tried wet-cleaning but the spots still remains.