Sellers disappearing after selling

Status
Not open for further replies.
ANy thing that involves purchase of complicated electronics or mechanisim stuff i never buy online or from second hand market, stall or meet up. Not because all sellers or buyers are fakes or cheats, but because there is a chance of complications. stuff i buy and sell in this channel are usually simple cheap stuff that i am not using or do not really need urgently.

Any experiences on 'funny' buyers?:bsmilie:

So for sellers, the lesson is to state clearly:

"Sold as is. No warranty or receipt. No claims on condition of the item."

No need to say 8 out of 10 or something like that.

If it is MINT and a lucky person bothers to follow up and buy it at a good price from you, then good for him.

I havent had not so nice transaction with CS. For selling items, i only have one request to people interested on my items, u tell them to get the item to my location, in my condo or somewhere close to the entrance (near guard house). This is not just for my convenience but for them to know where I stay. Also this is for them to have all the time to inspect. So far no one complains, i sold almost $8K-10K here still no complain so far :sweat:. (Reminder: i heard this is also unsafe to go to the buyers place so make sure like you meet near the guard house or public area with lots of people)

Buying, I know its a seller right to impose certain specification/request when dealing, I respect them but when they dont want to answer my questions via SMS/call or seem to answer vaguely then I would not agree in meeting. I am also guilty of not being able to refuse a deal even if i found out I'm on the losing end when already in a meet up.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I didnt know there are young guys here doing this. Now that I am hunting for some lens i will take precaution.

How about this? Happened to my friend who was selling something.

They agreed to sell an item at an agreed asking price and decided to meet up. When they meet up, the buyer wanted to buy at a lower price. The quality of the item was not in contention. Thankfully, my friend walked away and sold the item to another person for the asking price. Apparently, it was a hot item and there were a few buyers already lined up to buy the item at the asking price.

Also beware when the ad request to sell do not have the photo of the actual item to be sold. Meaning there is a chance that the item may not be with the seller. He may be getting it from another source at a lower price and sell you at a higher price. Its call planning and cordination. So you see no photo of item condition, no fixed commitment on item transaction time and venue, constant shifting of meeting locations and time. Chance of a no meetup or deal on the spot. Pilots every where.

Last edited:
I havent had not so nice transaction with CS. For selling items, i only have one request to people interested on my items, u tell them to get the item to my location, in my condo or somewhere close to the entrance (near guard house). This is not just for my convenience but for them to know where I stay. Also this is for them to have all the time to inspect. So far no one complains, i sold almost $8K-10K here still no complain so far :sweat:. (Reminder: i heard this is also unsafe to go to the buyers place so make sure like you meet near the guard house or public area with lots of people)

Buying, I know its a seller right to impose certain specification/request when dealing, I respect them but when they dont want to answer my questions via SMS/call or seem to answer vaguely then I would not agree in meeting. I am also guilty of not being able to refuse a deal even if i found out I'm on the losing end when already in a meet up.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I didnt know there are young guys here doing this. Now that I am hunting for some lens i will take precaution.

Sometimes the age of the cheater makes no difference. Some people buy and sell to make profits, others like me found this a way to recyle and slow down earths's demise by one second, or just make good use of getting some cash back on more costly items i am not using anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.